Reasons not to go skyclad - the gorse

Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Supposedly one of the reasons British witches are reluctant to go skyclad, in addition to fear of Granny Weatherwax's reaction, is the gorse - I can't tell from the promo image how vicious Predatron's new gorse is. Would someone who has it be willing to post a render, please (TOS-friendly witches optional)?

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited December 1969

Yep I heard that gorse will put runs in your birthday suit .......not good.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

So that's what gorse looks like. I have heather in the back fields but no gorse. Maybe I should plant some.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

The what's included tab on the product page says there are sixteen props, eight with spines and eight without, for distance shots. This sounds fairly prickly to me.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

Yes, but I'm not sure if the "with spines" version is shown in the promos or not - the second image, first pop-up, seems rather too small to decide. I was hoping someone could post an image definitely showing the spines.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300
    edited December 1969

I don't have item either but I've always called the ones with spine Gorse and the ones without Whins - though Whikipedia say that they are the same thing.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The common Gorse (Furze or Whin alternative common names) is actually Ulex rather than Genista and the spines are really modified leaves.

The one in the store he calls Genista hispanica or Spanish Gorse (sometimes also called Spanish broom)

Gorse and Broom are closely related plants, but broom is the one that doesn't form spines.

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

Granny Weatherwax disapproves of going skyclad, but then, Granny disapproves of pretty much everything.

Easily my favorite Discworld character.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited December 1969

not got but broom which is a noxious weed in the Adelaide hills in South Australia is what I thought it was seeing it.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

This is a part of the plant, hope it helps. This is SubD-ed though, as it is not that high poly.

GenistaHispanica.png
    400 x 565 - 75K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

Thank you, that is helpful.