CMS

dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am reinstalling carrara and want to customize the locations of content and runtime folders so they dont reside on my OS volume but on a separate volume on another drive. i had done it once before using dartenbacks wonderful instructions but cant find the exact document anymore. i would like to install studio also but dont know how to install content and runtimes to a separate drive for that either. should i install studio first then carrara or it doesnt matter? sorry for all the questions in one query. thanx for any help

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited June 2014

I believe that you're looking for my Daz Install Manager - Installing Custom Poser Runtimes article. It's found within my Carrara Walkthrough post, which still isn't as much of a walk-through as I intend. Maybe some day ;)
    But there are a couple other helpful articles in there as well. I may have written another, so if this isn't the one you're looking for, let me know, I'll dig further.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited June 2014

greetings Dartanbeck, thanx for response. rite now im going thru How to Set Up Install Manager (WIP) and now looking at the poser runtime article and thats what i was looking for thanx very much.

Post edited by dot_bat on
  • dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited June 2014

just finished install thanx

Post edited by dot_bat on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Cool!
    I'm glad it worked like you wanted it to.
    I tried putting everything into one big runtime, and that was just a nightmare!

DIM rocks, in that you can always add a new installation category. Then if you have some things in the wrong category, according to new tastes, or whatever, just go to the "Installed" tab, uninstall the things you wish to move, and they show up again either as something new to download, or something to install, depending on whether you save the install files. Then just select the new category, and install the items into it. Pretty slick how it works.

Also, it appears that DAZ 3D has been adding more and more Carrara-specific products to the DIM system, which is cool. I'm really liking the DIM way of life now, as nervous as I was to venture into it at the beginning.

I have a feeling that it will really become even more handy as they work out new features and stuff for Carrara 9 and beyond. (Fingers crossed)