Garibaldi Hair system Luxrender

PoserBearPoserBear Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi' I just want to ask if you can render the hair created in Garibaldi Hair System in Luxrender using Luxus or Reality 2 plugins has I mostly use Luxrender for my Daz Studio renders if someone could please let me know this has I have only just started using these. thanks

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

You would need to export the hair from Garibaldi as OBJ.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2014

Yeah in renderman curves its purely a feature of 3Delight/Renderman, unless in OBJ form other render engines wont know what it is.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • PoserBearPoserBear Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So I would have to export Garibaldi hair as an obj then import it back into Daz studio as an obj again if this is correct how would I texture the hair?

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2014

There is an option in the Garibaldi window under Edit menu at top left corner to make OBJ (Now just so you know Ive not personally made OBJs out of the hair as I do not render outside 3delight, but know the feature was made for the purpose and that various people use that feature) From what I know, You will need to optimize the hair before doing so or it will be really heavy on the computer, so doing so means you should sacrifice some hair count, and keep the segment length high as possible without disrupting your hair style too much as its essentially the vert count of each hair.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge on that feature will drop in and expand on details. Its a grey area for me :)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your help yes I thought that was the way I tried it a few days ago and notice the file size seemed a bit high also not sure how to get any colour back I mean how to texture the hair it was blonde when creating in garibaldi

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

There are people who have done this. You have to reduce the number of hairs you generate in the obj. If you generate 100% of hair, it will be too many polygons for Luxrender. You also need to create the material for Luxrender. You cannot use the Garibaldi hair shader in Luxrender.

edited December 1969

Thank you all for your help I have a better understanding now what I need to do' so with all this new
    information I shell start testing it out on some hair models that I create :)