Bryce still rather popular?

Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

http://www.daz3d.com/top-sellers

Landing at number 28 in the DAZ Top 30 is nothing to be sniffed at for our beloved derelict.

Especially considering the everlasting blockbusty (sorry, blockbuster) Victoria 4 is sitting professionally suite at number 26, whilst enjoying an on-going summer promotion wearing 80% off.

Of course, the cynical amongst us might doubt the DAZ "Top 30" as being an accurate representation of "top sellers", instead seeing the hit parade as DAZ's wish list of what they'd like us to be buying.

Bryce is either hugely popular or DAZ wants Bryce to be hugely popular.

Hope springs eternal...

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,533
    edited December 1969

Yeah, Bryce's quite popular, you know; even I use it. Oh, by the way, nice to see you here, Peter.

More seriously (refering only to the first sentence, the second is already serious): difficult to establish what DAZ 3D intends to do with and for Bryce. Hope dies last ...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes Bryce is still popular. I think it would be even more popular if there was a more reliable way of searching the new galleries for Bryce artists, so people could see just what it is capable of.

I think we need a thread where people can add a link to their Bryce galleries so at least people who visit this forum can see others work more easily.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

You can filter the galleries to show only Bryce images (theoretically, if the keyword Bryce is used, although if people render, say, Bryce canyon in some other application and title it that, you'll still catch those.)
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/?q=bryce&x=0&y=0 . Of course it would have to occur to people to try this, which they might not do unless they had a specific reason to narrow the galleries this way.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

You can filter the galleries to show only Bryce images (theoretically, if the keyword Bryce is used, although if people render, say, Bryce canyon in some other application and title it that, you'll still catch those.)
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/?q=bryce&x=0&y=0 . Of course it would have to occur to people to try this, which they might not do unless they had a specific reason to narrow the galleries this way.

But people have to remember to document their work when adding it to the Gallery.

edited December 1969

Yes is why I say maybe we can have a thread where everyone adds a link to their gallery for others to check out.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,533
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes is why I say maybe we can have a thread where everyone adds a link to their gallery for others to check out.

The old gallery was much better in this respect (and not only in this). I liked how artwork was reviewed and only what was considered good enough made it into the galleries. I had submitted for two years until I had my first one accepted. It was an incentive to improve.
    edited June 2014

Horo said:
    chohole said:

The old gallery was much better in this respect (and not only in this). I liked how artwork was reviewed and only what was considered good enough made it into the galleries. I had submitted for two years until I had my first one accepted. It was an incentive to improve. Plus I have left some of my older images there, so it shows how I have progressed.

To a certain extent I agree with you, but then I carried a rather large Gallery over on another site. (more that 200 images in it) so did have somewhere to put those images I felt were worth showing off without having to compete for the limited spaces in the old Gallery here.

I like the idea that people can upload images to a personal gallery, but do wish they had allowed a software Category.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,383
    edited June 2014

Bryce is definitely a very popular 3D program. I'm not an artist per se, so I normally Google Bryce 3D images for inspiration and spend a few hours viewing the magnificent work done.

I haven't sent up my gallery yet as most of my work is following tutorials, most of David's and some by others and I would like to include the links but outside links are not allowed.

Despite the fact that not many Bryce users use the forum, this is an awesome place to learn Bryce. Thanks everyone.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893
    edited December 1969

Sure, Bryce is popular, even if some of us (like me) do not post lots of Bryce on the galleries. Actually, I did have Bryce work in the old Community (not the Gallery, but the Artzone) and quite some nice feedback, etc. When that Artzone was dropped, I moved my Bryce renders mostly elsewhere and I still spread Bryce renders around over the forum here, Deviantart and Renderosity. Both in Deviantart and in Renderosity there is still plenty of people making and showing Bryce renders. They are easy to find there.

Check it out!

• lmfields-2537289lmfields-2537289 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There is a huge Mac community out there and for those who want to make a living in the field of computer artistry, knowing how to use an Apple is just smart, but putting that aside, I find it amazing that the makers of Bryce are allowing this huge market to fall by the wayside and be ignored. There's money to be made and they had dedicated artists who loved and used Bryce as one of their go to tools when creating their magic out of colorful pixels. I know, I am one of many. I still continue to check, even after all these very long years, to see if there is any sign or hope that Bryce will return to us who couldn't wait any longer and needed to move on and upgrade our operating systems and/or buy new computers. I am continually upset that I can't use Bryce. I loved the program and still do. I wish I could use it but I am now using Mac OS 10.9.3... a yes, Apple is putting out another system this fall but if I knew Bryce was going to be available for me, I wouldn't upgrade. I would do what I did for years before... I would wait just so I could create with a program I loved so very much.