Web Site Suggestion... Stop offering to Sell me Bundles I own everything in.

I wanted to suggest to the people who maintain the web page something with a little logic behind it. since the web page is constantly cluttering up my searches with starter bundles when I already own the pro bundle. there are other instances like staff picks bundles where I already own all the items, but it keeps trying to sell me the bundle. since i own a lot of bundles and have an admittedly bad memory, when a deal comes up I have to check if i own the items in the bundle, and i'm annoyed when i learn that I already own it all. it is a waste of time and should be something software can eliminate automatically.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885
    edited July 2020

The Daz Deals plugin shows you which items in a bundle you already own, though it would definitely be nice if the website were smarter about that.

For example, this is what the fantasy staff picks bundle looks like for me:

staffpicks.png
    2736 x 1824 - 5M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048

For me anyways, I usually have a button on the product page that says 'hide this product from listings'.  With one notable exception (the Lilith 7 starter bundle, not sure why the button was on that page).  So there's that...

I agree though, the store software should detect if you already own everything in the bundle, and if you do, it should just let you have the bundle for free since you own it, or at least hide it from listings automatically, although there is an issue with this.  I'll explain:

A while back, there was a deal (I think with Carrera) where you got all of the M4 and V4 pro bundle items as part of the sale.  Later on, there was a sale that had some sort of bonus if you owned the V4 and/or M4 bundles.  Since I hadn't actually purchased the bundles themselves, I didn't qualify for the sale.  I did contact customer service, though, and they were nice enough to 'credit' me for those bundles since I owned all of the contents via the other deal.

Every time I end up contacting CS, I feel like I'm begging.  For errors, I don't mind so much, but for other things, like asking for partial credit for some bundle I already own most of the stuff in... a couple of people have suggested doing that, but the Daz store software should just discount the bundle via some formula to give you credit for the items you already own.  I haven't tried doing this myself, usually I'm just grabbing older bundles as 'freebies' in relation to some other pro bundle sale these days.

Anyways, yeah, it's annoying either way.

• plaul2002plaul2002 Posts: 127

They should deduct the price ofthe items you already own and show you what you'd pay for the rest of the items in the bundle.  Tht is how the other websites work.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

It'd also be great if the bundles's "Required Products" were tagged correctly.

I just bought the Leony bundle since it said it was compatible with Genesis 8.

Whoops! Turns out the actual character requires Victoria 8.