Store Browser for DAZ

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,879
edited June 2014 in The Commons

If anyone is interested then I've made a simple "Store Browser" for the DAZ Store. It works like any other browser except that it will show directly in category view whether you have purchased a product or not.

It's free, but requires that you have the Account Manager installed also (currently free also and will probably be for a while).

Read the info on the download page carefully as there currently is a problem with bundles because of some quirks with the data in the Product.Library. It's stilll useful though, I think.

Can be downloaded here:

http://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/stbr-daz/

Post edited by Taoz on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936
    edited December 1969

Thank you. After running as administrator in Windows 7, selecting the Account manager folder, and setting browser compatibility, it is working. I don't understand why there are two browser panes, though. It seems like the Purchased Products list looks only at what is displayed in the right browser pane. What is the left one used for?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Thanks, works very well, pity about the inconsistency of bundle data in the Product Library.

And I also wonder if that left-hand pane is needed, it would be nice to not have to scroll the middle pane.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,879
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Thank you. After running as administrator in Windows 7, selecting the Account manager folder, and setting browser compatibility, it is working. I don't understand why there are two browser panes, though. It seems like the Purchased Products list looks only at what is displayed in the right browser pane. What is the left one used for?

The left browser is just for if you want to view other pages without having to leave the page in the main browser. I use it for viewing product pages. You can also use it to view promo pics at full size (just drag the icon). You can resize all the panels btw.

edited December 1969

Thanks, works very well, pity about the inconsistency of bundle data in the Product Library.

And I also wonder if that left-hand pane is needed, it would be nice to not have to scroll the middle pane.

It's set up by default to work with 1920w wide screens, If you want to get rid of the left panel, just resize it. I'll make the settings stick in next version.

As for the bundle data, I guess they'll fix it at some point. It must be a bug - it makes no sense that e.g. the M4 Pro and Hiro 4 Pro bundles are listed in the library while the V4 Pro or A4 Pro bundles are not.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    The fun with bundles data is set up to be easily machine readable; I've parsed it in the past.

I always felt this would do better as a browser plugin, but I'm too darn busy to do it myself. This seems like a very cool idea, in any case. I presume it's Windows only?

-- Morgan

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Does this only run in Internet explorer or will it run in Firefox?

I refuse to use IE.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:

I refuse to use IE.

I second it.

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    The fun with bundles data is set up to be easily machine readable; I've parsed it in the past.

I always felt this would do better as a browser plugin, but I'm too darn busy to do it myself. This seems like a very cool idea, in any case. I presume it's Windows only?

-- Morgan

I also used the fun with bundles data in a previous project, but it's not 100% reliable either and requires constant manual updating. It also looks like Andy has dropped the project, it doesn't seem to have been updated for a year now.

As far as I'm aware you can actually get all the necessary references between individual products and bundles from the data that can be extracted from the library (json and ajax data and some scraping). It takes a bit of programming to put it all together though and you never know what DAZ' next move is so I hesitate doing it.

The Store Browser is not a plugin actually but a standalone program using the .NET WebBrowser control (basically a clone of IE). It's for Windows only yes, but I believe it will run on a Mac using CrossOver (my other DAZ tools do). Possibly also on MONO, but it may require some tweaking.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:

I refuse to use IE.

It's not a plugin but a standalone program. The browsers in it are technically clones of the IE on your system, but IE 10 and 11 are just as secure as the other browsers though so if you have one of these installed there's no reason to avoid IE.