millenium big cat fur

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello!!! I need to get a tiger, and , although I get the icon "mill big cat fur" in hair-preset, I can't find any preset for the tiger fur... it's always the male lion!...
anybody know this fur carrara preset? thank you for helping!!!!

Comments

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited June 2014

Hello celmar,

you can find a great fur tutorial made by holly at carrara café: http://carraracafe.com/tag/hair/
    Its just the first there. Its for the millenium cat but it also works for the millenium big cat.

Post edited by EddyMI3D on
  • laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

THank you, eddyMI, but in fact, I'm searching an explanation about a daz product, real fur for milleniuml big cat... On the product page, there are variations about lion and tiger, but the only fur I can drop is a lion one, with mane... I don't understand at all wher the tiger fur is hidden!!!

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

celmar said:
    THank you, eddyMI, but in fact, I'm searching an explanation about a daz product, real fur for milleniuml big cat... On the product page, there are variations about lion and tiger, but the only fur I can drop is a lion one, with mane... I don't understand at all wher the tiger fur is hidden!!!

If there is one of them, look in your file “Runtime/Textures/DAZ Animals/MilCat (?)…”

edited December 1969

no no!!! it's a carrara product, not a poser one... it's a carrara fur!!!

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

I see on the product page that is for Studio 4.6...

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Celmar :)

The Carrara hair for the Big cats,. uses the Cat's Texture maps,. so,. the hair colour is derived from those textures.

Change the texture maps used in the hair shaders, to turn the Lion into a Tiger,..
    save the results to you're library

You'll also have to hide the Mane, unless it's a Liger / Tigon you're making

Hope it helps :)

edited December 1969

no, dud0001, it's a carrara product!
    thank you, 3d age... I'm not sure to understand, by the way: ok, I load the mill big cat...OK, I assign to it the tiger texture, and pose it... Then, I click, in preset- objects--hair, the real fur for the mill big cat... Now, I have a lion fur, with, barely seeible, the tiger map under the fur... how do you assign a new shader to the fur, to get the tiger look? (I understand how to uncheck the mane, no problem on that!!)???

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

celmar said:
    no, dud0001, it's a carrara product!
    thank you, 3d age... I'm not sure to understand, by the way: ok, I load the mill big cat...OK, I assign to it the tiger texture, and pose it... Then, I click, in preset- objects--hair, the real fur for the mill big cat... Now, I have a lion fur, with, barely seeible, the tiger map under the fur... how do you assign a new shader to the fur, to get the tiger look? (I understand how to uncheck the mane, no problem on that!!)???

Open the tiger shader and copy the tiger's image map from the color channel, then open the Real Fur hair shader and paste it into the root and tip color channels.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

I got this description from the product page for Millennium Big Cat LE:

The King and the Queen of the Jungle have their own LE (Limited Edition - or is it Lion Edition?) pack. Because the Millennium Cat Animal 3D Model LE is easier on system resources, this pack is perfect for those scenes where you only need lions and lionesses. If you'd like to have other large cat breeds, please check out the full Millenium Big Cat product.
    So perhaps you only have the LE version?

Still, if you have the Carrara "Real Fur" product, I would think that you would still get a preset for it.
    Did you use the DIM to install it?
    If so, find the product in the "Installed" tab.
    Right-click the product and have it show you the installed files.
    That will give you the address of the folders that you need to find/add to your browser.

If you installed it manually, open the zip file that you've downloaded and check to see where all of the folders go.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

The product likely uses the textures included in the Millennium Big Cat product to color the fur, so you would need that product for it to work properly as anything other than a Lion/Lioness or any custom texture you may otherwise have.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Celmar :)

What Evil producer said :)

Load the Big cat,. Pose it, Apply the Mat's,. Apply the Hair,. Select the hair and go to the shaders
    You need to copy the texture Map from the tiger,. and paste it into both the "root" and "Tip" channels in the Hair shaders.

Hope it helps :)

Cat_hair.jpg
    1172 x 620 - 120K