Bryce installation

vivienrkvivienrk Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hello,
I have downloaded Daz studion 4.6 pro and then found where to download my purchased BryceContent_7.0.0.21_Win. I cannot find where to access Bryce as I only want to use that program. If this has been asked before please give me a link. Many thanks,
Vivien

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Download it from your Product Library -- search for Bryce 7 (there is an entry for Bryce 7, which has the application itself, and Bryce 7 Pro, which has the added content for the Pro version).

• vivienrkvivienrk Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you - one step further. I didn't know that the main exe was in Bryce 7.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@vivienrk: Welcome to the Bryce forum. The .exe file is a 5,612 KB Application with a mountain terrain as the icon. At least that's how it appears on my computer.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

pictures help sometimes

Bryce_DL_screen_2.jpg
    638 x 338 - 86K
    bryce_dl_screen.jpg
    638 x 338 - 91K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that help - I am up and running now. Working through a few tutes. I am doing the TuKan tute :
    http://www.deviantart.com/#/art/Bryce-Tutorial-16222247?hf=1

In the Materials lab for sphere I don't have the options that he had. Pls see attachment.

Do I need to start another thread for this or can I continue here?

ml.jpg
    1379 x 935 - 399K
    edited December 1969

Another screenshot

bryce_find_mats.jpg
    1145 x 791 - 392K
    edited December 1969

I dont have any of those materials. And I'm going from bad to worse... I clicked on David Brinned option in Materials and now I can't get back to the other options.

edited December 1969

This is the screen when I click Edit up in the menu (closing down Bryce cleared David Brinnen). You can see that it is not the same as Tukan's.

edit.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 712K
    edited June 2014

Did you install both content files. and if so how did you install them

thay should be here if you have installed them properly (screen shot from Horo's PDF on installing Bryce content.

bryce_content.jpg
    737 x 422 - 202K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

My data seems to be in 2 diff places - Program Files and Documents.....

bryce.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 481K
    edited December 1969

Did you install it manually or using DIM?

THe preset stuff that you have in the documents needs to be moved over to the presets folder in your actual Bryce installation, the one in program files.

edited December 1969

Ok so I will set it up like in your last screen dump. I just double clicked on the 4 separate files and they installed. I don't know what is DIM.

edited December 1969

DAZ Install Manager It is a free utility that helps you when installing content, as long as you have your paths set up correctly, which was wy I asked if you had used it.

edited December 1969

I have installed DAZ but when I installed the 4 Bryce files DAZ was not involved. How does the Preset folder look like now?

bryce_2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 225K
    edited December 1969

It looks OK, now see if it is working correctly

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,284
    edited December 1969

@vivienrk - welcome to Bryce and these forums. You've already got great advice from chohole. If you ever are in doubt where stuff for Bryce belongs, get the BryceContent_v4.pdf. DIM is the Daz Instal Manager. It does a great job for Studio related content but is not so good for Bryce. This is because you can install Bryce wherever you want.

edited December 1969

I still don't get the same options as Tukan

bryce_3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 716K
    edited December 1969

@vivienrk - according to your first screenshot from the tutorial, it was made with Bryce 5.01. The materials were re-arranged in Bryce 6.0 and are the same in 7.1. I couldn't locate the Mirror you show in your screenshot in Bryce 7.1, but I found it in 5.01. I loaded it and identified the colours (R/G/B). You can create this material yourself and save it.

b52.jpg
    636 x 479 - 48K
    b51.jpg
    638 x 473 - 61K
    edited December 1969

Ok thanks for that. I will save that for future use. Sorry about all the hassle, so it is as a result of software version.
    I appreciate everyone's help.

I am turning in now. Thanks again :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited June 2014

Hi vivienrk, welcome from me as well.

I have the Mirror material under the Metals category (see below).

BryceMirrorMat.jpg
    696 x 445 - 231K
    Post edited by Miss B on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,169
    edited December 1969

Sorry I can't do a screenshot as I don't have Bryce on this computer. In my presets the Mirror material is found under Metals-Bright and it is the 1st one in the 2nd row.

edited December 1969

Thank you all so much for your welcomes :)

Thanks to Mermaid010 I have found the missing materials - yay!!

edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - good catch, I've missed that one. Would have saved me a lot of time.

edited December 1969

Horo- no problem that's my fav material :), so I know where it is without opening Bryce.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

It's one of my faves as well, but I've been combining a lot of stuff lately in order to cleanup and organize my Bryce presets, so I couldn't remember exactly where it was without opening Bryce up and doing a screenshot.

edited December 1969

Miss B- seeing the awesome work you do, no doubt the Mirror material is one of your favs. I don't mess with the presets, but do a lot of sorting and messing around in the User Category. In case of re-installing I only need to copy my User Libraries.