Capricornia, Aiko 6 and Battle Girl Carrara Issues......

LinkRSLinkRS Posts: 168
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello Everyone,

I was ecstatic this morning when I saw that Aiko 6 was released, and purchased her before I left for work. This evening I attempted to setup a simple scene using the Battle Girl and Aiko 6 using Carrara and found a bug (I think). When I try to auto-fit the Capricornia http://www.daz3d.com/capricornia-for-genesis-2-female-s top to the model, Carrara throws up an error message about a null pointer. I loaded up Daz Studio, and saw that it works fine in there. So, I setup the model (with the outfit, hair and textures) and saved it as a scene subset, and imported it into Carrara. However, as soon as I pose her, the clothes do not follow. Over the next couple of days, I am going to try to actually do the posing in Studio before bringing it into Carrara, to see if that works around it. Has anybody else experienced this?

Rich Selmon

Comments

• Former DAZ CustomerFormer DAZ Customer Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

Yes, same thing happens for me.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi :)
    Just for your info,. Carrara was rebuilt to support Genesis technology. ...It has not been updated to support Genesis 2,or the new DS CMS database (postgres)

So,. it's not really a BUG ,. It's just not able to fully support genesis 2

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

You are correct I just ran into that issue when applying the C_Top portion of the outfit.
    One thing that you may try is load and apply the items in DAZ Studio save the scene file and open it in Carrara.
    It should open fine and than you can continue with your scene.

Regards

edited December 1969

HI Ringo :)

Nice idea, which unfortunately,. normally works better than the integrated Carrara /genesis loading / importing process,. ...but not this time.

I get these two errors.

The scene is completely useless...

I'm also opposed to purchasing a "Pro" version of a software, and then using a Free software to make the thing work with content supplied by the same company .

it's truly shameful.
    can you imagine Adobe saying to a customer,. Try opening your image in GIMP, ....then Photoshop should read it.

This needs to be addressed urgently

Aiko_errr3.jpg
    1514 x 936 - 269K
    Aiko_errr2.jpg
    848 x 594 - 73K
    Aiko_errr1.jpg
    858 x 624 - 80K
  • ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

I do agree that these are issues that need to be addressed urgently.

Please report it as a major bug to "support'.

3DAGE said:
    HI Ringo :)

Nice idea, which unfortunately,. normally works better than the integrated Carrara /genesis loading / importing process,. ...but not this time.

I get these two errors.

The scene is completely useless...

I'm also opposed to purchasing a "Pro" version of a software, and then using a Free software to make the thing work with content supplied by the same company .

it's truly shameful.
    can you imagine Adobe saying to a customer,. Try opening your image in GIMP, ....then Photoshop should read it.

This needs to be addressed urgently

edited December 1969

Done :)

#170806 Aiko 6 Carrara 8.5

• LinkRSLinkRS Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

If you setup Aiko 6 using Daz Studio you get the error, but it looks OK. As long as you don't move or pose her, it is fine. I am going to try again by fully setting up the figure in Daz, including the pose, and then adding it. Thanks everybody!

• IamArtistXIamArtistX Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

3DAGE - a silly question, but in DS did you re-run the DB tool to reimport all data, on the few issues I have had with Genesis (not that I have tried many) doing so sorted out that little issue.

I am in the same boat as you I bought C8.5Pro thinking Daz might actually still support its Pro app, but as every day, and release go by (content wise) I am getting less and less inclined to buy another version of Carrara, it's as if Daz is giving us the finger and saying FU to us.

Perhaps they should just sell Carrara to a company that will support it

edited December 1969

HI ArtistX :)

Yep,. that was one of the first things i had to do,. otherwise new products don't show up in Carrara right now because of the DB issues with valentina and postgres.

The strange thing is that I can load genesis 2 and then dial in Aiko6,. no issues.
    Also, if I load A6, get the error,. ignore it,. then I can make a new empty scene,. load A6 or one of the A6 characters, and there's no error,. only the first time,.. BUT,. if I then save, and open that scene, I get the error again.
    If I create a new scene and then use File / "Import" to load the A6 saved scene,. there's no error.

I guess I need to wait until Daz3D figure out that Carrara users also purchase "Non Carrara content",. ...so it may just be worth supporting.

• LinkRSLinkRS Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

LinkRS said:
    If you setup Aiko 6 using Daz Studio you get the error, but it looks OK. As long as you don't move or pose her, it is fine. I am going to try again by fully setting up the figure in Daz, including the pose, and then adding it. Thanks everybody!

Update: No joy. Setting up the pose and clothes in Studio worked fine. However, as soon as I import it into Carrara, the figure makes it posed, but the clothes and hair are in zero position. Attempting to auto-fit results in the error message. :-(

Rich S.

edited December 1969

Well it has to be obvious to the most blinded of people, and even the die hard Daz apologists, that Daz does not and has not cared about Carrara users, and will not care about them, if they did they could have put support for Genesis 2 into Carrara by now, it just seems all Daz is now focused on is content, we hear nothing from them, nor do we get replies when we post tickets other than the usual standard canned response, we MAY and the emphasis is on may get some but not all the fixes most of us have been crying out for until C9, which means Daz are going to try and milk us again, I am now refusing to purchase anything Genesis 2 related until I know it will work in Carrara.

Would be nice if Daz would step up and let us know what is or is not happening in regards to Carrara, it seems that Carrara and its users (and paying customers I might add) are not held in the highest regards

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Is it just these two outfits that are a problem? I have to admit I was quite tempted by Aiko6, seeing as my current WIP is rather Japanese themed, and I have those "countdown 2 Summer" credits available. But maybe I should hold off and wait till Aiko5 gets discounted...

edited December 1969

I would wait for A5 at least you know that will work better than anything Genesis2 at this time