trouble re-newing PC account.

boni_m_ab7b32f625boni_m_ab7b32f625 Posts: 113
edited December 1969 in The Commons

greetings. I have sent a service ticket for this, but want to add this here for those who could use the information as well. I recently changed debit cards (well my bank did) last month I paid my PC monthly charge on Pay-pal, thinking that it would continue to pay through paypal ... and was canceled instead. I went to knowledge base to see how to fix it, but the information was outdated as the site has changed format since the information was posted. I'm still at a loss and don't want to lose my subscription to PC. I hope this is a heads up for the admins and also let people know a new way to avoid this with the new dashboard. Thanks for reading. I do love your stuff, just want this resolved.

Sincerely
Boni

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

When you change Payment method it does cancel your membership and you have to start a new one with the new payment method.

Unfortunately you cannot start a new membership for just one month, you have to have either a 3 month or an annual membership, and can then change your membership from that to monthly later

• boni_m_ab7b32f625boni_m_ab7b32f625 Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

Can I do the switch immediately so $24 isn't taken from my account ... I've budgeted tightly, just for $7.95. There is no other way? I've been with you guys for over 10 years ... this is disheartening. I don't want to be a whiner or complain, but this is upsetting to me, just becaue my bank sweitched cards. We should be able to change our payment types when ever we want without being penalized. Sorry for the rant. Really, I've just spent 6 weeks caring for my roommate while whe recovered from surgery, I'm trying to get back into my artwork and this is very disapointing. I deep going bck and forth between appreciated your products and previous service to being upset about this. Is there anything else I can do?

Sincerely
    Boni

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

It actually doesn't cancel your old subscription and create a new one since the subscription revamp. You can, if you have an active membership, can switch the payment type all you want (with the caveat that you can't switch TO paypal, but can switch FROM paypal and need to make sure your auto-bill with paypal directly is cancelled).

However, once a subscription is no longer active, the only way to get back on board is buy a quarterly subscription which you can change to monthly if its done with either a credit card or store credit. If you want, you can try to contact support to see if they can help you with temporarily reactivating your account for a day which will allow you time to change your payment method and get back on at the monthly rate. No promises though as that is up to Customer Support's discretion.

edited December 1969

Thank you so much. I will do that first thing tomorrow ... my roommate is coming home early ... she couldn't take a whole day .... So my troubleshooting has sto abe put on hold. thank you.
    Sincerely
    Boni

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i thought, you should be able to add a new 'payment type' under more.

then it should be an option in your dropdown list under plat menu

your plat screen doesn't look like this?

pcclub.jpg
    941 x 327 - 72K
    edited December 1969

Yes it is ... But in the knowledge base it isn't described like this. I have since changed to the new debit-card. I S confused. I amallig support tomorrow to get more help.