Question about SY Sky system Iray

odasteinodastein Posts: 606
edited August 2020 in Product Suggestions

I'm never very sure in what forum I should post questions about existing products. Anyway :

In the description of this product : https://www.daz3d.com/sy-sky-system-iray , there are references to "DAZ Studio sky" supposedly providing a "great outdoors lighting", and to the "Sky system". I'm unclear about whether this product is an independant product (with "sky system" being part of it, and "DAZ Studio sky" not refering to anything specific) or if it is to be used with something else, either part of DAZ (that I might have missed) or a previous "Sky system" sold separately in DAZ shop. 

Post edited by odastein on

Comments

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Since I don't think this product has a commercial thread I would post in The Commons.  As far as I know it uses the built in enviroment in DS so like the Dome and Scene in render settings.  Then it also has presets for Terradome 3.

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    Daventaki said:

Since I don't think this product has a commercial thread I would post in The Commons.  As far as I know it uses the built in enviroment in DS so like the Dome and Scene in render settings.  Then it also has presets for Terradome 3.

Thank you. So, it's usable directly? Besides I have Terradome 3 as well. 

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

I don't have this product, but looking at the "What's Included" section, it's a single skydome prop - the "Sky System Prop" - with various material presets that put clouds and/or stars on it. This is combined with Iray Sun/Sky render presets (the prop is mostly transparent) to give the finished effect.

My guess is that you could combine this with other sun/sky-based products like DA Real World Lighting for more variety - but I can't say so for sure.

If you like the level of control that sun/sky gives you, but you're frustrated by the perfectly cloudless skies it gives you too, this could be a good product for you. Personally, I'm sticking with HDRIs.