Dark eyelashes on fbx export

theschemertheschemer Posts: 68
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Genesis one basic male figure exported to 3DXChange had very dark and obvious eyelashes. Is this a known issue or is there a known fix?
Thanks,
TS

eyelashes-dark.jpg
310 x 248 - 11K

Comments

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Genesis one basic male figure exported to 3DXChange had very dark and obvious eyelashes. Is this a known issue or is there a known fix?
    Thanks,
    TS

Are you sure all textures got converted correctly? I never used 3DXchange, but I'd check if transparency maps are intact. What about changing your lighting?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,440
    edited December 1969

Yes, that's a missing transparency map on the lashes - you should be able to reapply it. It does look as if there are other issues, though.

• theschemertheschemer Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Thanks,
    TS

Are you sure all textures got converted correctly? I never used 3DXchange, but I'd check if transparency maps are intact. What about changing your lighting?

No clue. I can't find any transparency maps although I find the face, lips, torso etc...
    Thanks,
    TS

edited June 2014

Yes, that's a missing transparency map on the lashes - you should be able to reapply it. It does look as if there are other issues, though.

Richard,
    Do you mean reapply it in DAZ or 3DX? I did manage to get it better with an opacity map and some slider adjustments in 3DX but it still isn't perfect. In DAZ I cannot find any transparency maps under eye lash. I am just using a simple male figure from the starter essentials. What other issues do you see? Besides the eye lashes and shiny forehead?
    Thanks,
    TS

p.s. How do I reapply the transparency map and what is it named? Or did I already do that with my opacity map attempt?

Post edited by theschemer on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited December 1969

there are different fbx settings you can choose which determine maps exported, check under advanced
    for the excessive highlight I apply a modified dzdefault shader to all the surfaces that are without opacity, that has zero highlight dialed in, I saved it as my iClone skin shader preset.
    you can multi select surfaces hold ctrl skip eyelashes, corneas and tear as they often have a zero opacity too, not all transmapped
    which is the issue you probably seeing.
    also in 3dx5 many clothing items and hair need two sided ticked on surfaces as well as highlight turned down.

edited June 2014

there are different fbx settings you can choose which determine maps exported, check under advanced
    for the excessive highlight I apply a modified dzdefault shader to all the surfaces that are without opacity, that has zero highlight dialed in, I saved it as my iClone skin shader preset.
    you can multi select surfaces hold ctrl skip eyelashes, corneas and tear as they often have a zero opacity too, not all transmapped
    which is the issue you probably seeing.
    also in 3dx5 many clothing items and hair need two sided ticked on surfaces as well as highlight turned down.

Hi Wendy,
    Thanks for the info. I am going to check and see if this takes care of my problem. I appreciate it. :) Where do I find the ADVANCED settings in DAZ that you mentioned?
    TS

edited December 1969

after selecting export filetype FBX the dialogue that comes up should have advanced settings

edited June 2014

after selecting export filetype FBX the dialogue that comes up should have advanced settings

My DAZ export does not have the advanced option.
    TS

exportoptions.jpg
    917 x 826 - 79K
    edited June 2014

And another quick test I opened DAZ and put the Genesis Basic Male on the screen and exported to Hexagon. Here is what it shows?? Do I need to add my own eye lashes as the default ones cause this? Is this expected normal output as viewed in Hexagon with the default figure?

blackeyes-hex.jpg
    867 x 739 - 162K
    edited December 1969

I was not at my PC typing that so must have mixed it up with another export option, sorry
    my settings are below and my lashes do not do that, think you must have the combine option checked

Untitled_3.jpg
    557 x 645 - 86K
    edited December 1969

I was not at my PC typing that so must have mixed it up with another export option, sorry
    my settings are below and my lashes do not do that, think you must have the combine option checked

Hi Wendy,
    Which FBX Exporter is that? It looks different than the one with the latest version of DAZ Studio Pro. Are you on a PC or a Mac?
    Thanks,
    TS

edited December 1969

Wendy,
    It was late last night and I didn't quite get what you were saying about the combine options, but that was exactly it. I came back to tell you I had it sorted on the other forum. :) Then I reread your reply and then it made sense. The box below in the export options was checked on mine but not yours in the pic although your options look different than mine. Learning as fast as I can.

Merge diffuse and opacity textures

Thanks,
    TS