Saving one UV as another?

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello,

I have a UV from V4 that I want to match the "base female" UV set. I've converted it to be usable on G2F under the V4 UV (by saving it as a material set), but I want it to look correct using the Base Female set.

Any ideas?

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Have you already , with apply your UV to gen2female,
    and from top menu,
    File >save as >support assets> UV assets?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

A UV set is unique to the model, so there's no way to directly transfer the V4 UV's onto a Genesis figure. If there were the people like Slosh and MallenLane would've been spared a LOT of development time!

The extra UV's record the new texture coordinates for each individual vertex and effectively override those on the base model. If the vertices don't match, then it can't apply them and V4, Genesis and Genesis 2 all have a different number of vertices making it impossible to do a point-for-point match.

I believe however, what you want is to take a material intended for V4 and make it match the Base Female figure? If so, is there a particular reason you don't want to use the V4 UV's already present? Either way, you can try using Map Transfer by loading it onto the V4 UV's and then 'converting' it to the Base Female. Mileage may vary, as I've yet to have much luck getting seamless results but as a word of advice convert only ONE surface at a time. Adding multiples seems to bug out the system and provides some... interesting results.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I simply respect, OP have said. :)

but if he miss understanding about UV, just recommend

http://www.daz3d.com/people/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

the product have uv set for genesis2female. which can be usable
    all mat preset files (maps) made for Victoria4 (and Victoria4 uv)