Back to Bryce after five or so years

2»

Comments

• EManglEMangl Posts: 30

Horo said:

Erich - welcome back to Bryce. Very nice render.

easy to render with bryce now using a fast pc so i will use it more often

gruezi! 

hmm, wonder why i have such strange username, maybe because i was never around in the forum in many years?

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,996

Wow Eric, that's neat, okay it's not Bryce but an very nice render. I only use Bryce and a bit of Wings 3D, and never venture out to the other forums, so it's nice to see what work can be done in Poser. Regarding your stange surname I think you can change it in your account profile.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

@ Erich: ... "i+e+d" aka "I_E_D", an (in)famous ex-3DCommunist and nightmare of all my Woodies there?? ;)

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,828

Hi Erich, I love the Creepy the clown (from one of our dearly departed 3DCommune members) image.  All the pictures on the wall make me laugh.  I also enjoy the calendar picture that you made for your mother.  Your daughter is adorable.

There used to be a thread in the forum about the numbers after your name.  I don't remember anymore what caused that.  You could ask Chohole or maybe she'll see the post here.

Renderosity - Burpee

edited December 2020

hubert said:

@ Erich: ... "i+e+d" aka "I_E_D", an (in)famous ex-3DCommunist and nightmare of all my Woodies there?? ;)

hellooooOOO! 
    funny coinsidence, when connecting an old external disk while searching for my daz-stuff i found also 9 of your huge renders :-)

hubert1104507717.jpg
    800 x 500 - 96K
    Post edited by EMangl on

your

mermaid010 said:

Wow Eric, that's neat, okay it's not Bryce but an very nice render. I only use Bryce and a bit of Wings 3D, and never venture out to the other forums, so it's nice to see what work can be done in Poser. Regarding your stange surname I think you can change it in your account profile.

no, i cannot change it myself but i followed the other suggestion to write to a moderator

i used earlier bryce mostly to make animated gifs but with poser it works much better

happy new year to everyone around!

https://youtu.be/5Y26jbqCu_Q 

mermaid010 said:

I think you can change it in your account profile.

aaah, yes, it worked, chohole replied where fast. thanks 

So much better Erich.  EMangl is easier than lots and lots of numbers :)

I already watched your very nice YouTube video.  Excellent animation and Happy New Year message.  Hope you have a wonderful new year too.

Hi Erich,

a good find from 2005! It brings back many nice memories. :)

Besides memories..... let me google....: Yep, your sponsored "Woody Gallery" for me at pbase does still exist! I haven't visited it for years. I always thought that it had expired and got removed there automatically.

For those who are interested: Some (but not all) of my old "Woody" renders still exist at https://pbase.com/mauraenjan/woody&page=all

Cheers to Shiny Spheres!
    Hubert

hubert said:

Hi Erich,

a good find from 2005! It brings back many nice memories. :)

Besides memories..... let me google....: Yep, your sponsored "Woody Gallery" for me at pbase does still exist! I haven't visited it for years. I always thought that it had expired and got removed there automatically.

For those who are interested: Some (but not all) of my old "Woody" renders still exist at https://pbase.com/mauraenjan/woody&page=all

Cheers to Shiny Spheres!
    Hubert

yes, my woodies are still online but i don't pay for my and your account since years, Slug, the owner of pbase, seems not to care much about his site - looking at your and my gallery now indeed brings back a lot of memories :-)

https://pbase.com/erichmangl/woody_warz&page=all 

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,996

EMangl - very nice animated greeting.

EMangl  and Hubert - very creative work on both the links posted, thanks for sharing

edited January 2021

Hubert, Fraudulent Hair had me laughing out loud.  Feel bad for the Woody basketball team and I'm not sure about the camel missle...hmmm.  So much fun.  Frogdot used to do images with similar humor.  Always a bright spot in the day when an image can make one laugh.

Emangl, where'd you get a real wood Woody?  Love all the situations you put him in.  The chickens seem afraid of him.

Post edited by NGartplay on

NGartplay said:

Emangl, where'd you get a real wood Woody?  Love all the situations you put him in.  The chickens seem afraid of him.

the simple one you get at ikea "Gestalta"

the other one is from a flea market

Your very own Woody :)  Thank you for sharing.

edited January 2021

EMangl: Greetings from my (name of furniture shop intentionally withhold here to avoid mentioning IKEA) Woody to yours! I used mine for some of my Bryce renders then and very seldom on photos, e.g. here:
    https://pbase.com/mauraenjan/image/35537814 (as photo on 2D faces in a bryce render)
    https://pbase.com/mauraenjan/image/35537676 (with 3DCommune Gallery on the screen)

Question: Du hast deinen Woody damals ja ganz schön durch die ähm "Mangl" gedreht. -- Did he survive all this or did he have a stunt double then? ;)

NGartplay: Yep, frogdot's "wooden" creativity was amazing then. I just checked an old link from 2011 to his Woody online gallery (at "earthlink"), but that site has expired. :(

Post edited by hubert on

I think that Woody had a stunt double, lol.

So sad that Frogdot's work is gone.  He was quite creative.

NGartplay said:

So sad that Frogdot's work is gone.  

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/gallery/artist/frogdot 

Hi Erich,

thanks for that link.

Meanwhile, I searched some more. Two of frogdot's (Dave) personal then larger art sites/galleries are down too. A pity. :(

Wow, 99 pages of images at Renderosity.  I just went through a bunch of them.  He was gifted at humor and creating his scene.  Having naked people always helps because those darn clothes are so hard to pose.  Batcat cracked me up.  I have a cat so I know what the terror is :)

NGartplay said:

I have a cat so I know what the terror is :)

devil's creations!

peace.jpg
    800 x 533 - 58K

hubert said:

Hi Erich,

thanks for that link.

Meanwhile, I searched some more. Two of frogdot's (Dave) personal then larger art sites/galleries are down too. A pity. :(

you in case you did not know: woody has not only one bird

woody-birds.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 124K

Rotfl!  Cats are not always in the best mood :)   I love the parrots, very nice

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

EMangl
    Cool Creepy the Clown & Dancing Baby in the same render.