Would anyone be interested in an update to Stitch Witch?

HandyGMHandyGM Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

It has been a long time, but for a few years there, I was helping out Kamilche with support for Stitch Witch. For no reason at all I was wanting to do some texturing, and I have basically nothing from those days. I was talking to Kam about it, and basically the reason it was never improved on was the sales were too slow, and there was no driving idea that would be worth re-coding the thing. But now, well, it is in .net 2.0, machines are soooo much faster and models are more complex and different. I for one could us a little program to do, like tattoo art or bullet damage to add to a helmet or two. And I haven't seen much of Wardrobe Wizard either, since it was rolled into Poser. Any interest in having me talk Kam into returning to these long empy shores to get us a stand alone, modern, texture and clothing model revising package?

What say you?
-Kevin "HandyGM"

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,385
    edited December 1969

Moved to Product Suggestions - we weren't quite sure where to put it, but Developer Discussion is for DAZ Studio scripting.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I use Stitch Witch a lot for my textures. I'd be interested in an update.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575
    edited December 1969

I would be interested. And here is my product suggestion:

The splines are great, but sometime the control point needs to be outside the border of the texture and, as a matter of fact, you CAN put a control point outside the texture. Unfortunately, once you've done that there is no way to reselect it. My workaround is to put a wide border around the texture, do the work then delete the border.

It would be nice if there was a wide border in the work area outside the actual texture.

Thank you.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,893
    edited December 1969

Moved to Product Suggestions - we weren't quite sure where to put it, but Developer Discussion is for DAZ Studio scripting.

Stitch Witch is a product in the DAZ store, so it seems like DAZ PA Commercial Products might be a good place to discuss this. It might get more views than here in Product Suggestions.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,385
    edited December 1969

The commercial products forum is for announcing new products, or for vendors asking this sort of question, not really for third parties.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,893
    edited December 1969

The commercial products forum is for announcing new products, or for vendors asking this sort of question, not really for third parties.

Oh, sorry. I misinterpreted the post and thought the poster was one of the original developers. Thanks for the clarification.
  • SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

I love Stitch Witch, any updates will be welcome.

• RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know if Stitch Witch will run on a Mac under Parallels?

• Damsel1Damsel1 Posts: 227

I  use it and wouild love an update plus any more texture packs that are being considered for it. :-)

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 744

FWIW, I cannot find Stitch Witch in the store, and Barbult's link is broken for me.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

That is probably because this is an old thread.

Stitch Withc hasn't been in the Daz store for 2 or 3 years.

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 744

Ha ha! The joke's on me and Damsel1! I guess that upgrade never happened...