The Victorian Gown for Genesis 2 Female(s) (RELEASED)

ShiftingImagesShiftingImages Posts: 67

This Victorian era inspired two piece ensemble comprises of a top and a skirt with a detachable lace trim. One of the fashion trends that came out during that period, were the full skirts and high necks with long sleeves. Gowns were made to have curvy silhouettes with emphasis on cinched waistlines.

1. Each piece is highly-detailed with folds and creases. The topology of each mesh is optimized to mimic the flow of cloth.
2. Texture sets are heavily detailed. Creases and folds are further defined with the use of depth maps.
3. Future reusability was kept in mind. The Figures may be used together, by piece, or in combination with other clothing articles.
4. Morphs and Pose Handles in the Skirt provide further control over figure collisions. Pose and Shape presets were added to further enhance ease of use.
5. Optimized to fit Domina, Victoria 6, Stephanie 6, The Girl 6, Gia, Olympia and Giselle.
6. Reality 2.0 render-ready. A brief tutorial in applying the provided Reality 2.0 compatible Material Set is included.
7. Complete with material-enhancing Light Sets for DAZ Studio.

Hope you like! :)

Promo_6.jpg
700 x 910 - 291K
C_Promo_7.jpg
650 x 1138 - 192K
C_Promo_2.jpg
800 x 1300 - 234K
Post edited by ShiftingImages on

Comments

• ShiftingImagesShiftingImages Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

More Images!

C_Promo_3.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 319K
    C_Promo_5.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 271K
    C_Promo_4.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 355K
    edited December 1969

And even more images!

C_Promo_8.jpg
    1275 x 850 - 260K
    C_Promo_1.jpg
    600 x 780 - 167K
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

I like very much. Beautifully done. Thank you.

edited December 1969

Hi nobody1954,

Thanks a bunch for the kind remarks :)

• edited December 1969

Excellent work. I'm truly impressed

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,321
    edited December 1969

This one was a must have. I have a thing about ankle-length period gowns. It went into the cart so fast it left scorch marks on my PC's monitor!

I really like the complex folds in the cloth, you clearly put a great deal of effort into this one.

Can we have some more period gowns, pretty please?

Cheers,

Alex.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I really love your work! I've used a couple of your dresses in promos and absolutely adore them! The fit on the top of this dress is really stunning.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

One of the most beautiful outfit for GF2. I hope to see more. Domina continues to be stunning in everything she is in.

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

It looks magnificent. I love to see these kinds of outfits in the store. Great work and I hope it sells well enough for you to keep on making historical wear.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited June 2014

Truly beautiful work. Purchased the item immediately.

Would like to know if there is a texture expansion coming up for making it white and/or black? There's a Victorian-themed fictional character I can think of who would suit it in either of those two colour schemes very well.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited December 1969

Hi alexhcowley,

Thanks for your kind remarks. It's very much rewarding to hear after placing much effort to make the cloth folds look as realistic as my skillset allows.

I've another gown coming up which was constructed right after the completion of this one. It's not a period gown per se but a knee-length, fantasy-based tunic.

Hi fallingfromcloud9,

So, you finally subscribed =P Thanks for your never-ending support!

Hi Khory,

Thanks! I did create several weight mapped versions of the top before choosing which had the best fit :) The part I edit most is the fit around the shoulders so the clothing remains as close as possible to its base shape as I go flapping the figure's arms in its xyz positions. I'm glad it has been given mention. :)

Hi BurstAngel,

Thanks a bunch for your kind remarks! Domina remains to the most reciprocated in my humble collection of wares. It was something I didn't anticipate at the moment of its creation :)

edited December 1969

Hi Jindi,

Thanks Jindi! I'd still create gowns and conforming flowy stuff nonetheless. Back in the days, I was hoping to buy more flowy frilly stuff with detailed cloth folds to use as a base for digital paintings and/or use as reference. I could only find few of such dresses so I proceeded to create some instead. :)

Hi Xenomorphine,

I'm definitely lagging behind production =P I've been planning to do texture sets for all my previous items. A bridal texture for Victorian Gown is definitely up in my to-do list. I've to work faster without sacrificing quality. I'll try to catch up some more ;)

edited December 1969

Bridal texture? Hmm... I suggested a new bridal dress for Genesis 1 and/or 2, a while back. That would do very nicely. :)

edited December 1969

That was on my to-do list too. I could only hold up two index fingers together, proceed to push them against one another and wear this expression on my face O_o

Kidding aside, I'm curious as to who those two fictional characters happen to be?

edited December 1969

Oh, Drusilla, a vampiress from 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer'/'Angel'. She was turned in the 1860s and is often portrayed dressing in the style of that particular era:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081218165446/buffy/images/2/2d/Angel205-drusilla.jpg
    http://www.btvsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/buffy-drusilla.jpg
    http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/12500000/Drusilla-Spike-Angel-promotional-images-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-12513817-2073-2560.jpg

I've a friendship with the actress in question, Juliet Landau and she's presently making a documentary about vampires in popular culture and legends. I'm attempting to get some relevant CGI art done for potential inclusion in it and, obviously, if I can manage to get some Dru-specific stuff done, it'd be more relevant. :)

Hence, why I made this an immediate purchase! It's very in keeping with the styles of clothing that character was depicted as being clothed in. It should go well with stuff like the 'Reflections' Victorian furniture/room sets.

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Very pleased with this. Sorry for the inferior render. Hat and umbrella from Wilmap's Elegant Dress.

victorian.png
    1186 x 581 - 931K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Hi Jindi,

Thanks Jindi! I'd still create gowns and conforming flowy stuff nonetheless. Back in the days, I was hoping to buy more flowy frilly stuff with detailed cloth folds to use as a base for digital paintings and/or use as reference. I could only find few of such dresses so I proceeded to create some instead. :)

You have done an absolutely brilliant job with this outfit! Congratulations on such a fantastic job!

Secondly has anyone who has bought this tried autofitting it Genesis 1 using Sickle's converter? If so could you post pics?

I would dearly love to buy this but I'm worried about how it would work with Genesis 1 via autofitting.

edited December 1969

Hi Xenomorphine,

Ok, I've given this some thought, lots of thought. So much thought that it took me some time to reply. Well, that and I had some connection issues for the past couple of days =P

I dig it! I'll put this on top of my to-do list and start texturing the gowns similar to the ones in the images you've provided. I'll just have to finish one project which is almost in its completion. I should start creating the black and white texture expansion for this clothing right afterwards.

Thanks a bunch for providing these references!

edited December 1969

Hi Pendraia,

Thanks a bunch! Now, if only I had Sickleyield's converter. Hmmm..

Hi nobody1954,

Inferior render? Never! This sounds like major cheese but IT DOES WARM THE HEART TO SEE ANOTHER ARTIST'S PORTRAYAL OF ONES CREATION. Thank you :)

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Will there be a male counterpart?

edited December 1969

Hi Pendraia,

Thanks a bunch! Now, if only I had Sickleyield's converter. Hmmm..

Hi nobody1954,

Inferior render? Never! This sounds like major cheese but IT DOES WARM THE HEART TO SEE ANOTHER ARTIST'S PORTRAYAL OF ONES CREATION. Thank you :)

Thanks for the response... Hopefully someone who does will post an image or reply.
  • corpor8chiccorpor8chic Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

I purchased this today..I have most of your gowns and robes...I wish the textures could be shared or we could buy and extra textures set so they could really all work together!

Other than that this is brilliant

edited December 1969

Hi corpor8chic,

I'm actually partnering up with Shox-Design on this one and I hope more texture sets in the future.

http://www.daz3d.com/shox-design

As much as would love to focus all my time on art, real life seems constantly interrupt :( Oh well! I truly believe that Shox will do a grand job, as evident in her works :)

Hi BurstAngel,

A male counterpart would be a lot easier to create :). However, I can't promise anything at the moment. Altho, hopefully, I'll be able to allocate more time on 3D :)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Made use of this rather lovely gown here

edited December 1969

So I finally succumbed to temptation and I bought it.

Autofitted it to Genesis and it worked beautifully...looking at the render you can see the pattern at the front isn't distorted. I checked at the wireframe and it all looked great!

You can tell a well made model as they generally autofit better...

I am so pleased that I took the chance and bought this outfit. Can't wait for the weekend when I will get a chance to play.

VICTORIAN_DRESS_AUTOFITTED.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 406K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited July 2014

It's a lovely outfit, used here in a little victorian-esque scene. I have a post-worked version on my DeviantArt, but this is the original.

Victorian.png
    1000 x 1400 - 2M
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited December 1969

It's a lovely outfit, used here in a little victorian-esque scene. I have a post-worked version on my DeviantArt, but this is the original.

Excellent render, Herald. What scene did you use for the background?

Cheers,

Alex.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited July 2014

It's not a fixed scene, it's a kit-bash of several. Firstly on the right there's the Manor House. On the left there's the Dubious Bank by Jack Tomalin. The streets are none other than City Roads by Petipet. I also added an extra grass plane as filler from Dragons Tower.

It's amazing what you can put together with a little careful arrangement :)

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited December 1969

It's not a fixed scene, it's a kit-bash of several. Firstly on the right there's the Manor House. On the left there's the Dubious Bank by Jack Tomalin. The streets are none other than City Roads by Petipet. I also added an extra grass plane as filler from Dragons Tower.

It's amazing what you can put together with a little careful arrangement :)

Thanks for the response. I'm planning a bit of scenic kit-bashing of my own for my current project.

Cheers,

Alex.