A request for owners of Painter and David/Michael3/4/etc

Alley RatAlley Rat Posts: 390
edited December 1969 in The Commons

For years, I've been curious to see what the Poser export of a Painter script looks like actually rendered.. Now that I'm considering Painter, this will probably be the feature that pushes me over the edge to get it. (I already have Painter Essentials).. Can someone point me to a place where there already is, or post Painter renders of those txt-format scripts exported from Sketch Designer? I'm really curious to see how they look rendered in marker (like the old Atari box art), oils, etc. Anything really.

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited July 2012

What does this have to do with the Millennium Men, though? :ohh:

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • Alley RatAlley Rat Posts: 390
    edited July 2012

I'm curious to see how they are rendered in Painter, as exported from the Sketch Designer. I specified that to avoid an onslaught of NVIATWAS autopaints.

Post edited by Alley Rat on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,215
    edited December 1969

I do wonder if this feature works with current versions of Poser and painter - when it was introduced both were owned by Metacreations, but Painter has been through several versions under Corel's ownership - nearly as many as under Fractal Design/Metacreations I think - so the compatibility of the scripts may be open to question. I do have both Poser and the current version of painter, but it's not a feature I've ever tried.

edited December 1969

Well, the script I just exported is rendering - though it's much, much slower than the sketch render in Poser was. I'll come back and post the results when they are done.

edited December 1969

So, it took about an hour just playing the script back (using a 2B pencil). It builds up in a sequence of horizontal passes across the screen, and you can still see them in the lower background particularly. First image is Poser's Sketch render, second is the exported script played back in Painter 12. No fiddling with settings in either case.

Behemoth-Painter.jpg
    1201 x 900 - 260K
    Behemoth-Poser.jpg
    1200 x 982 - 86K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

So, it took about an hour just playing the script back (using a 2B pencil). It builds up in a sequence of horizontal passes across the screen, and you can still see them in the lower background particularly. First image is Poser's Sketch render, second is the exported script played back in Painter 12. No fiddling with settings in either case.

Please - sorry for offtopic request - where do you get that cutie?
    Ehm creature?
    I love cute creatures ...

edited December 1969

I'm not sure it's naturally cute, exactly - it's Valandar's Behemoth, just loaded in as something to render (so no posing or anything). http://www.daz3d.com/shop/behemoth/

• Alley RatAlley Rat Posts: 390
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard! :D

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure it's naturally cute, exactly - it's Valandar's Behemoth, just loaded in as something to render (so no posing or anything). http://www.daz3d.com/shop/behemoth/

Thank you! :)