What Folder Does Native Content Install To

Zach WilsonZach Wilson Posts: 92
edited August 2020 in Carrara Discussion

Nevermind I just found my post from 2014. I've already asked this question. Oops.

I havn't used Carrara in years so I downloaded 8.5 Pro. I want to know if it is possible to install the various libraries, scences, shaders, objs, etc with out installing in daz figures or props. The only thing I have are some leaves under the objects tabs. The 8.5 pro content seems to be just some v5 stuff at a file size of 1.8 mb while the Carrara 8 content at 179 mb seems like a reasonable file size for the premade content.

So should I just install the 8 content into the Carrara 8.5 Pro directory or am I missing something (besides a brain). 

Post edited by Zach Wilson on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Nevermind I just found my post from 2014. I've already asked this question. Oops.

I havn't used Carrara in years so I downloaded 8.5 Pro. I want to know if it is possible to install the various libraries, scences, shaders, objs, etc with out installing in daz figures or props. The only thing I have are some leaves under the objects tabs. The 8.5 pro content seems to be just some v5 stuff at a file size of 1.8 mb while the Carrara 8 content at 179 mb seems like a reasonable file size for the premade content.

So should I just install the 8 content into the Carrara 8.5 Pro directory or am I missing something (besides a brain). 

Yep. The Carrara 8.5 Native Content files are only the upgrade content files. You still need to download and install the Carrara 8 Native content to get the full compliment of assets.

Here's a short article I wrote: Installing Carrara

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Yes. It gets installed to the program directory