Objects place

How can I manage to get a horizontal cylinder? The only option is to rotate the generated vertical one? But that could be a little skew one (not exactly "vertical")...

BTW, is it possible to simulate free fall in Carrara?

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited August 2020

Multiple options to get horizontal cylinder.

1) for any selected object, you can use the rotate icon in upper left of interface and hold SHIFT while rotating in X, Y, or Z to constrain the rotation a specific number of degrees (adjustable). I believe the default is 45 degrees but I don't remember anymore.  If so, hold shift and use the rotate icon twice.  Adjust rotations as appropriate if my memory of the default is wrong.

2) for any selected object, you can manually enter the number of degrees of rotation and axis in the MOVEMENT tab in upper right of properties tray (upper right of interface).

3) specifically for a vertex object, in the modeler room (wrench), use the top menu CONSTRUCT : 3D OBJECT : CYLINDER and a menu appears in which you can choose the axis and dimensons of the cylinder.

NOTE - the hot point of an object can be adjusted when the CAPS LOCK key is enabled, so make sure CAPS LOCK is not on if rotating object.

NOTE 2 - the hot point can be sent to the center of a selected object or group in the movement tab of the properties tray, upper right.

aa01 cylinder.jpg
    1752 x 795 - 207K
    aa02 vertex object consruct 3d object cylinder.jpg
    850 x 425 - 55K
    aa03 vertex set axis and dimensions.jpg
    1052 x 756 - 80K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited August 2020

RE: free fall - Carrara has a physics engine.  Gravity can be adjusted by selecting SCENE in lower right and adjusting in the PHYSICS tab upper right.  The physical properties of individual objects can also be adjusted in that object's EFFECTS tab.  Change the object's motion from Keyframe to Physics.

bb01 physics n scene tab.jpg
    502 x 870 - 60K
    bb02.jpg
    1209 x 810 - 156K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Physics is executed as an animation.  Once physical properties have been adjusted, click the magic wand looking thing in upper left (under FILE) to start the physical calculations.