Saving A Material As A Preset

Zach WilsonZach Wilson Posts: 92
edited August 2020 in Bryce Discussion

I was experimenting in the material editor and made a lava texture I like.Now I would like to save it as a preset in the materials library. It has been several years since I have touched Bryce but I remember this being easy to do but know for the life of me I have no idea how I did it. I looked for my old Bryce 5 manual pdf and can't find it.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated and also where can I download a copy of the last manual made for Bryce.

Thanks

Post edited by Zach Wilson on

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited August 2020

Select the object you've used the material on and go to the Edit Tab to enter the material library.

Navigate to 'User' using the drop down sub menu at the bottom of the left hand column.

Create a new category if you need, or just click if you have a category it will fit in with (If you're organised like that... Otherwise it doesn't really matter where you save it in your library as long as you can find it easily next time you need it).

In the dark bar running across the bottom click 'Add'. Give it a name and dscription and maybe think about placing the little nano preview so you can best get a visual representation of it... and click OK.  you're done.

Hope this helps. smiley

Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • Thank you. I've forgotten so much.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

. You can also adjust the nano preview in the libraries. Holding Shift and dragging on the nano will let you rotate the view arch ball. Holding Ctrl will zoom & rotate on Y axis. Holding Alt will reset.. Holding space will move up & down & side to side. Set the custom view before selecting the add to library option