Cyberpunk apartment

Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
edited August 2020 in Product Suggestions

Hi,

I can't believe something simple and good like that isn't available at Daz 3D Shop yet.

Post edited by Noah LGP on

Comments

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

There is this one: https://www.daz3d.com/sf-bedroom

I think this product can help with some work too: https://www.daz3d.com/intimate-vignettes-i

Still, more options like what you posted (looks fantastic) would be nice. Maybe https://www.daz3d.com/charlie would do it? I like his/her take on a futuristic bathroom.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited August 2020

Thank you @Wolfwood ! You're right, these places are good.

The bathroom furniture is a bit too luxurious for a cyberpunk theme.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,085

I love this look. I agree that most of the Cyberpunk stuff is more minimalist than what is offered here. There are some that I think will suffice elsewhere if no one here can help.

• inception8inception8 Posts: 280
    edited August 2020

I agree. Although cyberpunk can be cross genre. "The bathroom furniture is a bit too luxurious for a cyberpunk theme."

There's only been one true (enough) movie based on William Gibsons 'cyberpunk'  and that's Johnny Mnemonic that carries the cyberpunk visual as best it could for the period. Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided is very good cyberpunk and you ALSO have contemporary looking elements if you look at Johhny's and Adam's apartment.

The Observer is very very cool cyberpunk artistically from what I could see.

Blade Runner is probably lumped into cyberpunk without having been made as a cyberpunk movie. It's visual asthetic has been copied so many times and because it's a science fiction based story in a lived in enviroment style which became the template that runs in parallel to cyberpunk. And then there's the Road Warrior/Mad Max derivatives.

Netflix's Altered Carbon is cyberpunk with an abundance of visual cacophony. Elysium could definitely be considered cyberpunk and yet so much comtemporary surrounds it as well.

Post edited by inception8 on
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,693

I'm working on something similar - one-room apartment with a bed that folds into the wall, a desk with computer terminal that folds into the opposite wall, a 'nutrient dispenser' in a wall, some generic 'ports' on the wall next to the desk for jacking in, and a shower cubicle in one corner that also has a toilet that comes out of the wall. Going for a cuberpunk vibe but we'll see how close I get. I'll post some pics when I've got it into DS.

edited September 2020

I like this style of apartment

• ^That's pretty cool - much bigger than the one I'm working on though. (I've based mine on the dystopian 'space is at a premium so most people live in tiny apartments' kind).

These are early WiP shots - still need to make it look 'lived in' with the textures.

Again, I stress, this is a work-in-progress - final version will look better (though will still be this small).

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,922

Personally, I can't wait for SW's cyberpunk apartment. The use of space is nice. Plus, SW does nice work.

• FeralFey said:

Personally, I can't wait for SW's cyberpunk apartment. The use of space is nice. Plus, SW does nice work.

Thanks laugh

FeralFey said:

Yeah, I'm also very enthusiast .

Ditto^2!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

..same here*3

Another which I saw that would have fit the theme well (even though it was future Sci-Fi) was Korbin Dallas' apartment from 5th Element.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375

just add some neon lighting and a bed to some other scifi room on the daz store and put some dystopian futuristic city outside the window.

Can't believe i only saw latest answers today. That appart looks really good.

I rarely buy on release because of budget restrains. But will certainly try my best with that one.

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,693
    edited October 2020

This has been through a few iterations between the beta-testing and advice from Daz. Below are a couple of pics of how it's looking now - hoping this will be out next month.

I've also been working on a (standalone) corridor expansion (pic below is early work-in-progress as above - final version will have more detail). And I'm also planning on a building exterior and lobby if I get the time (though those will be for later release).

CCA_Popup_03.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 513K
    CCA_Popup_02.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 339K
    CCA_Popup_01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 464K
    CCA C test.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 251K
    Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Those look good SW :)

• Thanks Leana :)

Looking great!

• Cheers :)

• Just to let you know that my apartment is now out: https://www.daz3d.com/compact-cyberpunk-apartment

The corridor (standalone) expansion is currently in QA (new pics below)

Appartment is already in my cart. I'm waiting to see if we get a better "today's deal" offer tomorrow or day after while "still new" because current one even while is the right theme is lacking.

And that corridor, sweet!!! Looking forward to get that one too.

• ^Great, thanks :)