The Guy 8

Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
edited August 2020 in Product Suggestions

Hi,

The Guy 8 could be like him for example.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Not only would I like Daz to give us Guy 8 (as well as a proper male counterpart to Sakura), but I really don't understand the thought process behind releasing Toon Dwayne as a core character. He's the only G8 base that I just don't want at all. 

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,146
    Gordig said:

Not only would I like Daz to give us Guy 8 (as well as a proper male counterpart to Sakura), but I really don't understand the thought process behind releasing Toon Dwayne as a core character. He's the only G8 base that I just don't want at all. 

Probably the same as Sakura 8 and a couple of others, the "base" was "unique-loooking" enough to buy it out from a PA and then design a bundle around it. Also, the reason I don't think we'd ever get Sakura's male equivalent for G8M.

I'm on board with the idea of a Guy 8. To put it bluntly, most of the toon G8Ms available aren't exactly stylized attractive men, imo, like that fan art example OP posted. Toon Hero is nice, but the more variety, the better.

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

Considering the trend in that the theme of the bundle is more dominant than the figure i see no issue why they should not release Guy 8 (or other toon males for the female counterparts) even if in the past they don't sell as much.

While i don't have much use for toon characters, if the bundle has enough things i like i will still buy it and i may be even willing to pay more than for a bundle that i like the character a lot but very few of the items.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378
    edited August 2020

I did want to mention VincentXjooj's Miguel which may have started out as a more "Guy-ish" project.  Here is my render of him minus Diego"

And here are some mixtures from the promo:

MiguelAlone.jpeg
    1545 x 1141 - 330K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • StoicStoic Posts: 133

If this product had a more muscular body (closer to Miguel's physique) he would look similar to the pictures in the OP for a Guy 8.

https://www.daz3d.com/boyfriend-for-genesis-8-male

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,900
    edited August 2020

I too am slightly irritated that The Girl 8 doesn't have a male counter part... but we do have The Guy 8 already in all but name. There's Toon Hero, there's Miguel (who looks decent without Diego), and you can transfer The Guy 7 to G8. There's also Brandon, who looks a little wonky without Dwayne but a little bit of dial spinning will solve that.

As for the (hawt!) pictures you posted above, I think SithLordSims' Yuji (available at Renderosity) will get you closer to your goal. Mix him with any of the guys mentioned above.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

While I intend to use characters that are much more toony than the OP's post mostly, secondarily I really like all The Girl 8 Pro Bundle & all it's addons and would like a competitive Guy 8 Pro Bundle with as much variety as the Girl 8 Pro Bundle release had.

As far as the OP's toon Brandon for Toon Dwayne 8 is pretty similar, generally speaking.

I think the stylization is toony enough to be unmistakably toon but with enough dtails to enable making many unique toon style characters and caricatures.