DressShop 2 Now at DAZ, FREE upgrade to previous users (Commerical)

info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 881
edited June 2014 in The Commons

Please take advantage of the introductory price at DAZ! For earlier users the upgrade from DressShop 1 to DressShop 2 is FREE,
Simply download new software and use your DressShop 1 key.

Product Description
Aspiring Designers! Why spend days on hard-to-learn and use software? Files are saved as OBJ and can be rigged and used with other applications such as DAZ Studio or Poser.

DressShop is an easy-to-use product that allows the creation of 3D dress design in minutes. Unlike other applications, DressShop offers three templates that the user can alter, cut, shape and stretch to create a new, unique design. DressShop works like a designer, following the same workflow: Designer makes a sketch or chooses a photo of a dress that he/she may want to create. A dialog also asks to choose one of the three basic type of garments: Dress, Suit or Cape. Optionally, there’s an Import OBJ button that lets you import any OBJ mesh into the program, such as older dresses you want to alter or any other item. Watch the three "how-to" videos on youtube:
DressShop QuickStart Part 1
DressShop QuickStart Part 2
DressShop QuickStart Part 3

promo1.jpg
969 x 640 - 220K
Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on

Comments

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

I'm very excited! Except... Well, DAZ is having website sale issues. Anyone else having this issue? I want to play!

Note coupon in foreground with cart total in the background... I tried the logout/clear cache/log back in thing with no success.

Dressmaker.jpg
    1035 x 588 - 308K
  • Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited June 2014

Looking good! Great to see people making good use of your software. While obviously not as flexible as traditional modelling programs (obviously), it certainly simplifies the process, which tends to be a good thing. The new hemming tool is a very nice addition - doubt you'd find a tool like that standard in any modelling package. Are there other new additions to the program?

Oh! And thanks for the free upgrade for us owners of the previous version ;)

Post edited by Jim_1831252 on
  • Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited June 2014

I'm very excited! Except... Well, DAZ is having website sale issues. Anyone else having this issue? I want to play!

Note coupon in foreground with cart total in the background... I tried the logout/clear cache/log back in thing with no success.

Have you sorted this out yet? I just grabbed it. Once I went through the checkout the price reduced to zero.

Post edited by Jim_1831252 on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Are you sure you have the original product? I got the banner announcement too and, like you, did not see the discount. On checking I don't have Dress Shop anyway! ;)

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

Are you sure you have the original product? I got the banner announcement too and, like you, did not see the discount. On checking I don't have Dress Shop anyway! ;)

That's weird because I got the same coupon too. I own FaceShop but don't seem to have DressShop. Although I have tons of stuff so who knows?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021
    edited December 1969

I've reported the over-zealous messaging to DAZ.

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 881
    edited December 1969

I may be loosing it... Who was over-zelaous? About what? What is over-zelaous (hopefully this is not something with religion, when this term is usually used). Please, enlighten!

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

I may be loosing it... Who was over-zelaous? About what? What is over-zelaous (hopefully this is not something with religion, when this term is usually used). Please, enlighten!

DAZ seems to have sent some of us who don't own DressShop 1 an upgrade voucher but it doesn't work so it's not a problem, just confusing.

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

I was just wondering about this the other day and its finally in the store. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:

DAZ seems to have sent some of us who don't own DressShop 1 an upgrade voucher but it doesn't work so it's not a problem, just confusing.

Yes, as far as I know everyone got the free upgrade in-store message, not just people who have DressShop 1 - but the offer doesn't work for those who haven't purchased, fortunately.

• ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

I'd really truly love to get this and use it, but you don't support Mac users at all, so I'm afraid I can't.

Unless there are plans (that materialize this time, unlike Dress Shop 1?) to do so?

If so, put me on the Beta List and I'll bring you peeled grapes and bug reports the likes of which would make Midas blush.

(Seriously, I truly want to use this, but not making it cross platform is a terrible stopping point for me and many others. Can you help us give you money?)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:

Yes, as far as I know everyone got the free upgrade in-store message, not just people who have DressShop 1 - but the offer doesn't work for those who haven't purchased, fortunately.

Oh good. I was just coming into the forums wondering where I reported mis-targeted coupons (having not picked up DressShop 1 but seeing the coupon, and being very confused.)

edited December 1969

It is really simple. If you had DressShop 1.0, you can download DressShop 2.0 and use your old license key. If you never paid for DressShop before, DAZ is selling it at 30% off - so it is time to get one:-)

popup_2.jpg
    843 x 719 - 167K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

There seems to be a few issues, at least on my Windows 7 PC. It fails to display either the dress or the model, which rather makes it difficult to make even the most rudimentary of garments.

Dress_Shop_Fail.jpg
    720 x 450 - 95K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

works fine for me - Window 7

001_DressShop_2.jpg
    1591 x 839 - 119K
    edited June 2014

It's probably not OS related. Maybe something to do with my graphics card or drivers, but either way the software is unusable to me if I can't see what I'm doing. If anyone else has similar issues, maybe we can share PC settings / specs to see if there's a common factor.

More than anything else though, I'm curious to know how the software handles UV mapping. I plan on using it to get a basic outfit which I can then gussy up in 3DS Max. My end goal is to create my ideal outfits for the kids, and while I've been doing just fine using 3DS Max on its own, this would certainly speed up that process tenfold.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited December 1969

It's probably not OS related. Maybe something to do with my graphics card or drivers, but either way the software is unusable to me if I can't see what I'm doing. If anyone else has similar issues, maybe we can share PC settings / specs to see if there's a common factor.

More than anything else though, I'm curious to know how the software handles UV mapping. I plan on using it to get a basic outfit which I can then gussy up in 3DS Max. My end goal is to create my ideal outfits for the kids, and while I've been doing just fine using 3DS Max on its own, this would certainly speed up that process tenfold.

Good question. The initial UV mapping is set for full garment. As you cut away parts, this will skew UV maps (we plan to address automatic UV generation in v3.0). For now, it is easy to open the exported OBJ with UVMapper from J.Cox I (www..uvmapper.com). It is a free app and works quite well. You remap the OBJ and reexport it.

edited December 1969

I don't suppose you might know what could be causing my error by chance?

edited June 2014

Can you send me a screen capture? If not, please send me an email with your hardware specifications (chip, graphics card, driver, etc).
    info at abalonellc.com

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
    edited December 1969

Screen capture is on the first page of this thread. Basically, everything seems to 'work' except that the figure (and dress) aren't visible.

edited December 1969

I really rather do tech support via email.
    One possible reason is that your folders got mixed up. Please make sure that inside your DressShop 2.0 folder you have the items I show in the enclosed image. Another thing: I still don't have the specifications of your setup. Email please!

heart.jpg
    562 x 621 - 195K
    edited December 1969

My Runway competition winners: here's your free upgrade download (part of your prize):
    http://abalonellc.com/support.html
    Please use your DressShop 1.0 license key

edited December 1969

Abalone,

I don't suppose you could address the lack of a Mac OS version? I'm honestly not trying to be impertinent, here, but I would very much like to use your software (and I know others would as well), and the fact that it's not available means I've no choice other than to spend my money elsewhere.

Which, really, is something I really don't want to do, honestly. The interface and visible ease of use of Dress Shop makes me want to use THIS, and not something else. I'd genuinely like to give you my money, and I know others would, as well.

Would you be so kind as to address this in this or another such thread? It would go a long way to helping us know where to put our money.

Sincere thanks.

edited December 1969

I think I can answer by Monday. There are several issues involved.

edited December 1969

Awesome, thank you very much.

I really appreciate it. :)

edited December 1969

DressShop 2 seems to be a nice success. Downloads well into the three digits - free upgrade seems very popular. We want to thank everyone for your support!

popup_3.jpg
    847 x 718 - 257K
    edited December 1969

Hi.

Not to be a pest, but I'm wondering if you have a list of those issues? I'd really like to know when (not if) I can throw my money at your product.

edited December 1969

OK. I have an answer: yes. You can look for DressShop 2 Mac by the end of August.
    The issue was (surprise) - money. But, given the demand we consider it a safe risk to invest in the Masc version.
    Laslo

edited December 1969

OK. I have an answer: yes. You can look for DressShop 2 Mac by the end of August.
    The issue was (surprise) - money. But, given the demand we consider it a safe risk to invest in the Masc version.
    Laslo

Excellent! Thank you rather a lot. :)

If you need, or desire, or require, any guinea pigs/beta testers for your Mac version, do please let me know. I will happily donate my time to helping you deliver a top-notch product, and will just as happily fling my money at the screen to purchase the same. :)

edited December 1969

Thanks for your support! Also, please plan on flinging on its upcoming sister product, HairShop:-)
    Look for it in mid August:-)

Splash.jpg
    500 x 650 - 227K