Can't load Genesis in C8.5 Pro

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I went to load Genesis in C8.5 Pro from Content>MyDAZ 3D Library Runtime>Figures>DAZ People - I see Genesis, Basic Male, and Basic Female - but if I try to drag into the scene, I get a popup sauing Carrara was unable to import Basic Female or Male or Genesis .cr2

If I go under my SmartContent Tab - it says 'THe connection to the DAZ Content Management Service cannot be established. Make sure you have installed the latest version of DAZ Studio and that service is running' -- I thought that was from not installing the newer Postgres SQL but not sure (and I don't think I ever changed that from Valentia, at least not intentionally)

Any suggestions welcome?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It looks like you have PostgreSQL installed, so you wont see the Smart Content folder for the moment in Carrara, I get the same message and I DO have PostgreSQL installed.. This may be updated at some point, soon?

Go to the Content folder instead, and select My DAZ 3D Library (NOT My DAZ 3D Library Runtime), then select People > Genesis, there you will find an icon for Genesis. It loads fine, it is a DUF format file. You will also find Genesis 2 (Male and Female) in the People folder as well.

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Thanks - that worked.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

A few points:
    1) Even if you did install PostgreSQL CMS, that doesn't uninstall the Valentina CMS -- it looks like your Valentina CMS isn't working.
    2) The Genesis .cr2 in Runtime only works in Poser using the DSON Importer, that's why you need to load from the DS-format folders.

edited December 1969

I do most of my work in Carrara (as opposed t DAZ Studio).

My understanding was that PostgreSQL was not compatible with Carrara yet.

Is there something I should do to verify that Carrara is using Valentia - and are there some simple repair steps I should take?

Thanks

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Have a look at my thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/43050/ it shows how I rebuilt my db. You will need to do some steps in Studio though, as Carrara doesn't have database management tools.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

To help verify what FixMyPCMike was saying, when you used the following:

Content>MyDAZ 3D Library Runtime>Figures>DAZ People

You were actually trying to load the Poser DSON version of Genesis instead of the one that works in Carrara, which is the DAZ Studio version, as was mentioned, which fixed the problem.

So for Genesis 1 and 2, and any of the more recent DAZ Animals, like the Dragon 3, Horse 2, etc., you'll need to use the Content > My DAZ3D Library >
    Not DAZ3D Library Runtime

edited December 1969

Thanks.

So, do I need to do anything with my database now, or should I just leave things as they are and hope that DAZ gets PostgreSQL working with Carrara 'soon' at which point I can make whatever updates are necessary.