Coming Soon... I Hope!: Patriotic Swimsuit & Bikini Shaders WIP [Commercial... (Sort Of)]

Denki GakaDenki Gaka Posts: 35
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

First off, I am not sure I can even post this since it is my first attempt at publishing anything and Daz has yet to acknowledge my submission, so if I am doing something wrong I won't take it personally if Richard throws this away. :red:

Anyhow, I dropped everything I was working on last Saturday and put in a superhuman effort to prepare this product in time for a Fourth of July release. I sent the submission in to Daz on Thursday and didn't hear back today, so I guess it will be Monday at the soonest now. Does anyone have any advice on how long it typically takes for Daz to comment on a product submission? I do realize one day isn't very long, but there is only a week before the Fourth and I was hoping.

I suppose my real purpose in posting this is simply that I hope to get some validation for what I have done after a week of 20 hour days and two sleepless nights. I think it turned out pretty well and I am proud of it. I guess I would just like to hear someone else agree that it looks salable.

I won't bore you with all the details. Suffice it to say that it has 60+ shaders featuring patriotic themed materials and to make it easy to use I included almost 300 outfit presets that work on the V4 Basic Wear and the M4 Basic Wear. It has 49 differnet "tank" style suits for the Genesis Supersuit. The part I am proudest of are the 42 presets for the V6 String Bikini, so that's what I'll show you here. If anyone would like to see some of the other stuff, let me know and I will post some more later.

So tell me what you think: Would this make it on the store?

V6_Miss_Patriot_Bikini_Showdown_1500x1000.png
1500 x 1000 - 3M
Bikini_Promo_Card.png
2000 x 1040 - 2M

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165
    edited December 1969

It looks as good as DAZ store products to me. It sounds very versatile. I have no insight into the DAZ product approval process, but I would be very surprised to see it processed through the system that fast, especially for a previously unpublished artist (my assumption, sorry if I am incorrect). Good luck. I hope you will be rewarded for your effort.

• gypsyangelgypsyangel Posts: 1,010
    edited December 1969

It can vary, but I wouldn't count on a July 4th release. It can be a brutal process---they may want you to redo the promos, they may fail it on some aspect---testing alone can take well over a week, even if it doesn't fail. It has to be approved first, then tested. And like I said, they may make you redo your promos---so art approval can also take time. It's not an overnight process, even for PA's that have been there for a while.
    It looks like a fun pack, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't get released by the fourth.

• Denki GakaDenki Gaka Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    It looks as good as DAZ store products to me. It sounds very versatile. I have no insight into the DAZ product approval process, but I would be very surprised to see it processed through the system that fast, especially for a previously unpublished artist (my assumption, sorry if I am incorrect). Good luck. I hope you will be rewarded for your effort.

Thanks! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

edited December 1969

It can vary, but I wouldn't count on a July 4th release. It can be a brutal process---they may want you to redo the promos, they may fail it on some aspect---testing alone can take well over a week, even if it doesn't fail. It has to be approved first, then tested. And like I said, they may make you redo your promos---so art approval can also take time. It's not an overnight process, even for PA's that have been there for a while.
    It looks like a fun pack, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't get released by the fourth.

Thanks for the insight. I sent a PM to Jack Tomalin and he siad pretty much the same thing.

After reading some of your other threads, I suppose I have nothing to complain about. Wow! seven months, a year! You have had some real patience. I was sorry to hear that some of your products have been stalled in the process for such long times. Your work is beautiful, by the way. :-)

Oh well, such is the life of working on speculation! I won't quit my day job, but I am having fun on my summer break.

edited December 1969

Well, it sounds like it may be a while, but I have finished everything, so I think I will go ahead and post the promo pics here and see how it goes long term.

I hope you like them!

Denki_Gakas_Patriotic_Swimsuit_Bikini_Shaders_04.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 620K
    Denki_Gakas_Patriotic_Swimsuit_Bikini_Shaders_02.jpg
    1500 x 1300 - 485K
    Denki_Gakas_Patriotic_Swimsuit_Bikini_Shaders_03.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 675K
    Denki_Gakas_Patriotic_Swimsuit_Bikini_Shaders_01.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 590K
    Denki_Gakas_Patriotic_Swimsuit_Bikini_Shaders_00.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 208K
    edited June 2014

It is choking on the other images, so I must have hit some kind of limit. I will try again later.

Post edited by Denki Gaka on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

5 image attachments per post is what the forum software allows

edited December 1969

I'll try some more...

Denki_Gakas_Patriotic_Swimsuit_Bikini_Shaders_10.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 280K
    Denki_Gakas_Patriotic_Swimsuit_Bikini_Shaders_08.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 434K
    Denki_Gakas_Patriotic_Swimsuit_Bikini_Shaders_07.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 420K
    Denki_Gakas_Patriotic_Swimsuit_Bikini_Shaders_06.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 630K
    Denki_Gakas_Patriotic_Swimsuit_Bikini_Shaders_05.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 352K
    edited December 1969

And last but not least, some art renders using the shaders...

P.S. Looking at that hat promo picture reminded me I needed to fix the eyes and expression. There's always something...

Denki_Gakas_Patriotic_Swimsuit_Bikini_Shaders_12.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 205K
    Denki_Gakas_Patriotic_Swimsuit_Bikini_Shaders_11.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 241K
    Denki_Gakas_Patriotic_Swimsuit_Bikini_Shaders_09.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 149K
    edited December 1969

Just an update...

I am talking with the folks at DAZ. This product may see the light of day yet!

I'll keep you posted...