How to fix when you put in a bad path on install?

I installed the bridge, it prompted me for a path.  I provided a path directly to the unreal binaries.  That seems to do nothing when I invoke the bridge. Looking around in unreal it shows no installed plugis.  So i sought documentaion (there is none) but found the video overview which pointed the bridge instead to the root directory for UE4.  Oops.  But now I know.

What I dont know is how to change the path.  It's not under preferences, it's not in the plugins window and there's no other obvious place to do it.  I uninstalled hoping it would ask again upon reinstall, it does not.  So it seems to just not work now and there's not way to fix it.  This has to be easy to fix.  Anyone know what it is?

Comments

• if you use the DIM, open it up, click the gear icon top right, select advanced settings, go to the applications tab (I don't have the unreal bridge but thats where the paths for my other bridges are)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,795

just move the plugin folder 

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

Thanks, skinklizzard's fix worked perfectly. Put the path for Unreal engine root directory straight into DIM, reinstalled and the plugin is now visible inside unreal.  Thanks!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

I had to manually update my DIM installation for some reason but after doing so the Unity & Unreal Engine options were available.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773

I had to manually update my DIM installation for some reason but after doing so the Unity & Unreal Engine options were available.

Does it mean we have also Daz to Unity bridge?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    Artini said:

No,. not yet but they added the option already in DIM.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773
    edited August 2020
    Artini said:

No,. not yet but they added the option already in DIM.

I am waiting for Daz to Unity bridge with great hope.

After over 19 hours of downloads of UE 4.25.3, I have managed to transfer my first character from Daz Studio to Unreal Engine.

It works and without so much work it already looks nicely in Unreal Engine.

Post edited by Artini on
  • i have a similar but a bit different issue and can't seem to find a solution anywhere, becoming desparate!

my bridge shows just fine in c4d but for some reason it's not showing up in daz scripts anymore! only worked the 1st time after the installation and then it dissapeared. tried so many things but didnt seem to show up in the Daz Scripts anymore =((( help!

• grinch2901 said:

Thanks, skinklizzard's fix worked perfectly. Put the path for Unreal engine root directory straight into DIM, reinstalled and the plugin is now visible inside unreal.  Thanks!

Maybe a dumb question but what folder did you use for the root directory for unreal? Mine says select (-bit)...I was trying "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.24\Engine" & "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.24"

that has not worked.