Bryce sparks!

spjsv.maddisonspjsv.maddison Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Anyone know how to create convincing electrical arcs or lightning in Bryce? All info welcome as my present attempts are fairly embarrassing!

Thanks.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

lightning I did with a jpg of lightning made using a ligtning generator, saved as png so it had an alpha, which Bryce recognises , I then put it on a square with a lights attached and the texture settings pulled up to diffuse and ambience at 100%

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/1218

• spjsv.maddisonspjsv.maddison Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks. That's what I tried but I didn't think the effect was very convincing. Guess I'll have another go. Cheers!

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

@Chohole... Skull Cove is Fantastic and the lightning of course makes it so...Since reading this post I have been looking for a lightning generator... I found one for Cinema 4D but I don't have that program... Is there another generator for use in another program, like... Bryce, for instance?
    Steve

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have a lightning generator as a filter that generates images of lightning in Photoshop. Sorry, was a bit misleading really

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

@chohole... I must say ... you sure are full of it...that being all kinds of good information .. I have since your post, downloaded a couple of tutorials for creating lightning in Photoshop as well as some lightning Photoshop brushes... Again you have pointed me in a direction where I have so much yet to explore... I thank you for your help.
    Steve