Blade Runner style sofa chair

Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Blade Runner style chair. It's not an exact replica, but a reasonable approximation. Totally impractical of course. I guess the lights should be to the right hand side only, otherwise how do you rest your head?

Blade_Runner_Chair.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 378K

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Blade Runner style chair. It's not an exact replica, but a reasonable approximation. Totally impractical of course. I guess the lights should be to the right hand side only, otherwise how do you rest your head?

Maybe it's meant to be used north of the arctic circle in the winter months? ;-)

Impractical, maybe. It looks cool though. Nice leather look as well.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

Maybe it's meant to be used north of the arctic circle in the winter months? ;-)

Thank you. Here is a shot in situ - note apartment and lighting all at early stages, but you can see the Blade Runner feel starting to come through.

Blade_Runner_Chair_in_situ.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 773K
    edited December 1969

Thank you. Here is a shot in situ - note apartment and lighting all at early stages, but you can see the Blade Runner feel starting to come through.

It's been ages since I've watched that film. The background architecture takes me back to the room though. Isn't it the head of the corporations' apartment? Or was it Sean Young's place? I seem to recall Harrison Ford's place wasn't that nice. More working class.

edited December 1969

It's been ages since I've watched that film. The background architecture takes me back to the room though. Isn't it the head of the corporations' apartment? Or was it Sean Young's place? I seem to recall Harrison Ford's place wasn't that nice. More working class.

It's based on Harrison Ford's apartment (but not exactly the same).

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Really great for showcasing the bald spot on the back of your head! (who designs these things???) ;)

edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    Really great for showcasing the bald spot on the back of your head! (who designs these things???) ;)

Ha ha. Yeah. All designed to look "cool". It does look cool though (I mean in the film at least).

It's a great excuse for moody lighting though. :)

edited December 1969

I'm going a bit mad on the piccys today - it's too exciting after such a long wait to get to this point (Started Jan 2010)

Blade_Runner_Sofa_in_situ.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 742K
    edited December 1969

It's based on Harrison Ford's apartment (but not exactly the same).

Damn! My memory is getting bad. I need to get that film. I have resisted in the past as there were a zillion different cuts, and it was hard to decide. Truth be told, and this may be heresy, but I prefer the cinematic releases' ending.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

It may also be heresy, but I preferred the original voiceover.

edited December 1969

I prefer the last version with all the fixes. I bought a blu-ray player last year, just to see Blade Runner in top quality.

It really helps when trying to suss out how to make the models.