The Block materials

hacademushacademus Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I am using Bryce 7.1 and trying to follow the Bryce Master Series Tutorial 'The Block'. Unfortunately I don't seem to have the Materials used e.g. New Concrete 5. Is there anywhere I can get them?

Ken

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,284
    edited December 1969

@Kylor - I haven't done that particular tutorial but when it was made, it was with an earlier version of Bryce. This is not a problem because everything (and more) can be done with Bryce 7.1. Where you get stuck is that the libraries - and the Materials Library - have been rearranged. The material you are looking for is there, but you have to search for it, I'm afraid.

• hacademushacademus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I'm still finding out where the content should be.

Ken

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,284
    edited December 1969

@Ken - ah - I see. I thought you're talking about existing materials and hence my advice was not a good one.

With the Master Series The Block come also the materials and object libraries, a sky library and also a textures library. You have to import the materials and objects into your Object and Materials libraries. See the folder tree below that contains the Master Series The Block. Get this BryceContent_v4.pdf document to help you how to install the stuff so it becomes visible in Bryce.

MS.gif
    381 x 1033 - 27K
    edited December 1969

Almost there but could do with a pointer. I installed as follows

Bryce 7 Pro C:\Program Files (x86).DAZ3D\Bryce7

BryceContent_7.0.0.21 C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Bryce Content Library

BryceProContent_7.0.0.19 C:\Program Files (x86).DAZ3D\Bryce7

The Block zip file contains

Bryce_7 Pro;7;6;5\Presets\Content ...

Bryce_7 Pro;7;6;5\Presets\Materials ...

Bryce_7 Pro;7;6;5\Presets\Objects ...

I am stuck as to where these folders should be merged or whether it should be folders further down the tree

Ken

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This is how content should normally look. Scrren shot taken from Horo's PDF.

bryce_content.jpg
    737 x 422 - 202K
    edited December 1969

OK, I think I have it now.

Thanks for both your help

Ken