DazToUnreal Not Visible in Unreal Editor Plugin List

I installed the DazToUnreal bridge using the latest DIM. When I open Daz, the Unreal export script is visible. but when I open Unreal, the Daz plugin does not show up in the plugin list so I cannot enable it.

When I installed the bridge, it prompted me which path Unreal exists in. So I chose the following path: D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25

If the path is incorrect, how do I change it after the fact? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the bridge, but it no longer asks me which patch Unreal exists in. 

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    Baby Yoda said:

I installed the DazToUnreal bridge using the latest DIM. When I open Daz, the Unreal export script is visible. but when I open Unreal, the Daz plugin does not show up in the plugin list so I cannot enable it.

When I installed the bridge, it prompted me which path Unreal exists in. So I chose the following path: D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25

If the path is incorrect, how do I change it after the fact? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the bridge, but it no longer asks me which patch Unreal exists in. 

after uninstall it while inside the dim click on the icon in the image

then after that choose the "advanced setting"

then click on the unreal engine 64, then right click and choose "remove unreal engine 64 path", it will allow you to choose again.

make sure you are using the right version of unreal engine.

• ArgleSWArgleSW Posts: 138

Thanks this helped me out. The application path I chose was off by one folder.

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

I've tried all this and I still can't find the plugin on the Unreal Engine. It just won't show up >:(

• I'm having the same problem, says it's installed but it's obviously not and yes I am running 4.25

• timdstimds Posts: 0

Hi folks- after getting the same errors, I got it to work in Unreal v4.26.2 (cold re-install of Daz Central, Daz v16, and Unreal v4.26.2)- then installed plugin. Note, under settings in Daz Central, the path of the install for unreal may have to be switched). Using the install from Daz, not the download mentioned above. Windows 10 pro.

Tried same for other versions of Unreal- no dice. 

cheers!

• Ellessarr said:

after uninstall it while inside the dim click on the icon in the image

then after that choose the "advanced setting"

then click on the unreal engine 64, then right click and choose "remove unreal engine 64 path", it will allow you to choose again.

make sure you are using the right version of unreal engine.

I tried it several time but get same problem, can't able to install it 

• It just plain ol does not work it seems.
    Perhaps an install video using the method that is proven to work for all versions discussed.

• SkinSkin Posts: 0

I am having the same problem. I've installed the plugin manually to UE5 and through daz installer. The plugin doesnt' show.

• Skin said:

I am having the same problem. I've installed the plugin manually to UE5 and through daz installer. The plugin doesnt' show.

I am getting the same thing.  Have attempted complete re-install of both DAZ as well as Unreal.  Deleting files and folders along the way.
    Even putting Unreal in the Advanced Settings as one person had mentioned.  Anyone got a clue?

• Here is David Vodhanel's website (the originator and author of DAZToUnreal), the setup portion. Lot's of good stuff here.

https://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-setup/