Any Inflatable Beds out there?

I'm looking for an Inflatable Bed prop. There are several swimming pool inflateable mattresses but if your 3d dudes what to invite some friends over or go camping in comformt, swimming pool inflateable mattresses just won't cut it. 

Any idea where I can find one? Anyone wants to create one?

Annotation 2020-09-07 131025.png
816 x 297 - 95K

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,505
    edited September 2020

Attached is a simple matress that could be an inflated matress. It's UK standard double size, 6'6" x 4'6" (198 x 137cm).8" (20cm) thick. Import the obj file into DS at 100% scale, and apply your own textures or shaders.

Modelled in SolidWorks, saved as STL, converted to OBJ using a programme I wrote & texture mapped in my own home grown modeller. The image of the matress is from that modeller. Maximum deviation from the designed surface was 0.5mm, which is why there are a lot of facets. In my modeller the depth sorting routine is very simple, and when large facets are displayed with small ones, the sort of display errors seen below are common, no parts of the matress surface are actually discontinuous.

Regards,

Richard.

zip
    zip
    Inflated Matress TexMapped.zip
    6M
    Inflated Matress.jpg
    1663 x 799 - 261K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Awesome, thanks!

• Hope it's useful, and hasn't got too many facets. There are rather more than I expected, though having fewer wouldn't permit the dimples to look right.