Poser installs ... gone?

I have a whole library of Poser products I've bought from DAZ ... I just bought some legacy products durring a sale recently.  I intended to install all these into Poser.  Now I see ALL my purchased products are for DAZ only.  How do I convert them?

Comments

• download the zip that says DAZ studio 

I bought Poser only stuff and it says DAZ studio and has a zip including one that actually doesn't work in DAZ studio 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I have a whole library of Poser products I've bought from DAZ ... I just bought some legacy products durring a sale recently.  I intended to install all these into Poser.  Now I see ALL my purchased products are for DAZ only.  How do I convert them?

Double check them,   you may fidn that you have one file that says  ds  in little letters   and a 2nd file that says Ps  in little letters. 

• Upon further inspection ... some are only DAZ, some have a "Ps" designation, meaning Poser and most legacy has both Poser and DAZ file structure under the "content" base file.  So, it's all good. 

• Don't worry about it, the downloads aren't suddenly all DAZ|Studio-only. It's another of the... shall we say... less than optimal "updates" to the Product Library page.

• SempieSempie Posts: 651
    edited September 2020

The Poser versions are still there.

Just pretty much very well camouflaged.

Older pre-DAZ Studio, Poser-only items, now appear as DAZ Studio only files.

Pretty confusing.

Post edited by Sempie on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Don't worry ... it's the new Product library ... there is a whole thread about the joys of that:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/431921/not-a-fan-of-the-new-product-library-layout#latest

• I thought they aren't interested to support Poser any longer....The DSON importer for Poser doesn't work in Poser 12 any longer. Further could the Versions of Genesis after Version 2 no longer be imported into Poser. It's a pitty I thought DAZ is interrested in spreading there figures to a maximum of users.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Poser doesn't support the type of rigging Genesis 3 and 8 use. There's nothing Daz can do about that. It was possible to use them in Poser up to a point by converting the rigging back to TriAx and using the DSON importer.

As for DSON importer, Poser developers changed the Python version P12 uses, not Daz. Maybe Daz will update the plugin, maybe not, but they're not the ones who decided to break it in the first place.