Is it just me or are others having this problem?

GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I have been having a terrible time accessing the DAZ 3D site. Lately all I've had are error messages telling me an error occurred in processing my request. Even when I finally get onto this site. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,177
    edited December 1969

I didn't experience any problems today.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,287
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - oh yes, again this afternoon. I usually get to Frankfurt or Amsterdam but not over the pond. Not only the forums. Last week I got the log-in screen immediately but could not log in for 50 minutes (see screen shot). In my experience, the connection to DAZ 3D is unreliable, sometimes lightning fast, sometimes unacceptable slow.

loginfail.gif
    687 x 249 - 17K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited December 1969

I did not experience anymore trouble with this site than with others. Most trouble is in my router, I think.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2014

Actually some times the problem is with Cloudflare rather than DAZ 3D. There was a problem a few days ago that only affected the LHR (London) Cloud hub, but often they do grow and will spread to Amsterdam, CDG (France) and Frankfurt hubs.

If you get this message "Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time" It means that you are trying to post a message which is the same as one you have posted somewhere else. For example if you just post something like "thank You". THis is due to a built in filter in the forum software, which is supposed to help stop spam but can be annoying.

I also get problems with my ISP which is BT, as they seem to do overnight work on the lines and then it runs slow next day until you reboot the router.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

I had a similar problem, well for about an hour or so anyway! ...as soon as my browsers flash drivers were updated the problem seemed to fix itself ! ...im not sure that is it but that worked for me :)

• dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Yep! I needed to reinstall Daz studio on my 32bit machine, and I couldn't get instal manager to talk to the site. I waited and tried again at a latter date and all went well.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    I have been having a terrible time accessing the DAZ 3D site. Lately all I've had are error messages telling me an error occurred in processing my request. Even when I finally get onto this site. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

get 502 or 504 a lot - what I do is look for Daz3d
    go there - log in to account
    OK after that

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,287
    edited December 1969

Apart from the Cloudflare issues which eventually report back with a message, I've located other culprits.

My router can get balky but only with http traffic, all other services work. Router reset helps.

Win 7 has a life of itself. The network stops transferring traffic. Setting up a ping to any site usually wakes it up and if not, disabling and enabling the network helps to bring it back up - most of the time with a wrong IP address so it has to be disabled and enabled again until it kindly has the grace to ask the address from the router.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

I had problems today just getting to this site; flew to others without any problems. Took several attempts until I finally got through. Then after I logged on it took several moments to get out of the log on page, just watched the circling "wait a minute" icon for awhile.

This lag also sometimes happen when posting. I'll click Submit Post, and get to watch the circling "wait a minute" icon. And once when I clicked on Submit Post I was redirected to My Account instead of back to the thread I was in. Clicked on the back arrow to get back to the thread, clicked on Submit Post again and was again redirected to My Account. Ah, well, at least it doesn't occur constantly.

• GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi guys

Interesting - Glad to see it's not just me. Last night, I got knocked offline and for awhile I could not get into anything. Now today I am able to get into most sites, but no luck getting to my Google search engine. Every time I try Google I get a 404 error and that this site not found on the server.

Something a bit strange going on with the WEB the last 24 or so hours - Wonder if it could be more sunspot issues ??

Bruce

edited July 2014

GussNemo said:
    I had problems today just getting to this site; flew to others without any problems. Took several attempts until I finally got through. Then after I logged on it took several moments to get out of the log on page, just watched the circling "wait a minute" icon for awhile.

This lag also sometimes happen when posting. I'll click Submit Post, and get to watch the circling "wait a minute" icon. And once when I clicked on Submit Post I was redirected to My Account instead of back to the thread I was in. Clicked on the back arrow to get back to the thread, clicked on Submit Post again and was again redirected to My Account. Ah, well, at least it doesn't occur constantly.

Guss had this problem a lot in the past and again today, that is why I normally copy and paste from a word doc if I have a long reply. ;)

Recently however, I did not have any problems browsing the forum or posting.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

I had some access issues about 22 hours ago and put it down to DAZ opening the Platinum Club to everyone for a day (store stampede!).
    There appears to be a new purple variation of spend-to-save they are promoting at the moment.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I had cloudflare errors nonstop for the last two days, the first time that trying again later a few times didn't resolve it. It appeared to only affect Firefox; I got in via IE, and resolved the issue in Firefox via the suggestion to clear all cookies plus an exit and restart of Firefox for it to start taking effect.

edited December 1969

@mermaid: I haven't gone the word processor route, but when I start having problems, I make sure to C&V my posts before submitting them. And so far it's worked fine. I've also had luck going back and finding my post still there.

edited July 2014

Guss- thanks for sharing, it beats going to and fro between apps. ;)

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

@mermaid: Use whatever works for you. For me, the important things is to NOT retype a long post.