Problem adding DAZ 3D Library to Carrara

I purchased the Carrara 8.5 Pro software earlier this week while it was on sale.  I tried to add the DAZ 3D library to Carrara, and while it did inform me that the adding of such library can only be done once, I was unable to add the library, and then I realized my DAZ 3D Library is on my external drive in order to have free space on my hard drive.

How do I add my DAZ 3D Library from an external drive?  What path would I have to take in order to change the folder so that the DAZ 3D Library could be imported from another folder on a different drive?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited September 2020

it can be manually added as many times as you wish

you will need to browse for it in the browser tab below to the right if it was not auto detected

Untitled.jpg
    1924 x 1164 - 362K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited September 2020

Yep. What Wendy said!

Congrats! Welcome to Carrara! Here are some things that might help you get started:

My (now free) Daz 3D Carrara Products:

Find more videos and articles on my website: Dartanbeck.com

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

Just to clarify,  Wendys post shows the proceedure for adding a "poser runtime" so when adding a runtime, carrara looks for the corresponding folders typically found in the runtime folder structure - such as - Geometries, Libraries, Textures. If none exist, then carrara will throw and error.  When adding DAZ content you need to choose the "Add Folder" option.  Then a file browser will pop up and you can navigate to the content folder you wish to add.  Then you'll be greeted with another pop up asking what type of file structure you're looking to add.  Choose "Content" for DAZ stuff, or Poser Runtime