Installing Studio Content on 2nd Hard Drive

ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

OK, perhaps I am just being really stupid, but I am totally confused whilst trying to install my Daz content.

My PC's hard drive failed. I installed a small 320g hard drive as the main drive C, which has just got Windows Vista on it.

I then installed a big 1Tb hard drive D, which I want to put all my files on, leaving the small drive as clean as possible.

I have re-downloaded the installation manager, and installed Daz Studio on to drive D. I also have installed Poser 9 on D. Both run.

But I can not for the life of me work out how to install my content, also to D, and have Studio see it.

I made a folder called "My DAZ 3D Library", and set the installer to install everything to that.

I then installed the wolf to test this out.

It does not show up in Daz Studio because Studio is not looking in the right place.

I can easily find the file from Poser, because I just added this new folder as a new Runtime source, sorted.

I want Poser and Studio to share the Poser files, and Studio to see the Studio only ones too, of course.

Could anyone please tell me in simple terms how to make Studio look at the correct version of the "My DAZ 3D Library" folder and not the default C drive version?

Comments

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    edited December 1969

Sorry, typical, as soon as I had hit enter I had an idea.

I have worked out that I needed to just add the correct folder to the options in the Studio contents pane, and delete the wrong one.

It is now seeing the Poser files just fine :-)

And I can begin the massive job of downloading the thousands of Daz files I have bought.

Sorry to have been a pest unnecessarily.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

put DS on Drive C and put the runtime and data on drive D. if both drives are same speed and type you will get a faster response from DS, and if your C drive or system crash you still have all your data. IMHO system drives die far more commonly than data drives when the data drive is internal. External is another story.

just a thought.