Carrara crashes whenever I add a Genesis 3 Female figure

I tried adding a Genesis 3 Female figure to a scene in Carrara, but the program automatically closed down, implying it crashed.  Why is this?

I added a Genesis 2 Female figure to a scene and it never crashed.  Why does it seem to crash with Genesis 3?

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Genesis 3 & 8 need Misty's preset to open in Carrara - do a search for "CarrarActors, Janette and Johnathon" at Renderosity, also look in her free section at Renderosity. Clothes & Hair for Genesis 3 & 8 need to be converted to Blended Weight in DAZ Studio.

• yeah DAZ did some alternate spelling on some nodes which don't match the bone name

(look like typos but a mod implies to us they are just special deliberate unique new words)

that crashes Carrara and is now causing a few issues in their new bridges too I seeblush

maybe after all these years they will look at it because other softwares affected cheeky

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I tried adding a Genesis 3 Female figure to a scene in Carrara, but the program automatically closed down, implying it crashed.  Why is this?

I added a Genesis 2 Female figure to a scene and it never crashed.  Why does it seem to crash with Genesis 3?

Because Daz3d doesn't have the resources or coders to fix the simple problems.  cool

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

I didn't realise it was a nodes and bones clash. Misty's programming skills certainly saved us Cararrians a lot of aggro and opened up new possibilities by parsing the G3 and G8 files! 

I hope she is OK and can still read the forum in large font? I miss her posts A LOT!!! heart

The bridges issue sounds interesting, Wendy.  Maybe this will be a new horizon for Carrara!

yes Silene

• SileneUK said:

I didn't realise it was a nodes and bones clash. Misty's programming skills certainly saved us Cararrians a lot of aggro and opened up new possibilities by parsing the G3 and G8 files! 

I hope she is OK and can still read the forum in large font? I miss her posts A LOT!!! heart

The bridges issue sounds interesting, Wendy.  Maybe this will be a new horizon for Carrara!

yes Silene

yes glaring typos in some of the node names

if you work with rigging in DAZ studio using the bone editor every bone has a node name 

in Carrara these need to match, most do but some in Genesis 3&8 have typos as Misty found using the duf editor

also of course the rigging needs to be triax or Blended for Carrara not general 

its causing issues now in some of the other softwares DAZ has new bridges to

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Wendy, thanks.  I also saw Misty's post on Off Topic on the previous page. Missed that.  Cheers! yes Silene