A measurement feature

I think there shown be a easy click on/off feature in the viewport of Daz that lets you easily tell the height/length/with of objects and figures. Anybody else?

Comments

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I put in a Feature Request a long time ago to have measurements added to the Scene Info pane (where you can see the vertice/poly count, etc). Never heard any more about it, but if someone else wants to try, it might be worth the attempt.

•   Thanx... I'll try this and see how it works...

• It is pure horror

They make plenty of Doctors offices with all kinds of details

and NEVER the Measure rod.

Asked for it since 2003.

it just does not happen

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141
    edited September 2020
    Plus one on this. While I have Measure Metrics in my library (and a measure bar available on Deviant) it is tedious to use and just for the lack of anything better as you need to apply the correct pose then the metrics wearable, look the metrics, close metrics, adjust, apply metrics, rinse and repeat...
    Post edited by kgrosser on
  • kgrosser said:
    Plus one on this. While I have Measure Metrics in my library (and a measure bar available on Deviant) it is tedious to use and just for the lack of anything better as you need to apply the correct pose then the metrics wearable, look the metrics, close metrics, adjust, apply metrics, rinse and repeat...

To do what? The wearables from Figure Metrics gives a lot of information, but I wouldn't think you'd usually need all of it - it's surely needed in full only when initially creating a new character design. Also, if you are manually adjusting you can use the pane which can be left open while you work - the script is mainly for automating adjustments.

• efron_24 said:

It is pure horror

Asked for it since 2003.

it just does not happen

But there is a free one here: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/z-doctors-measuring-device-including-morph-/74468

• efron_24 said:

It is pure horror

Asked for it since 2003.

it just does not happen

But there is a free one here: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/z-doctors-measuring-device-including-morph-/74468

It should be in Install Manager Ready

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388
    kgrosser said:

It's really not a big deal - set it up on one character once, with just the information you need then save it as a wearable preset (I usually have the pieces hidden in the viewport so I can load it and forget it) - minor tweaking to fine tune the position of the components. Voila, 10 seconds and you're done. You only need a default pose for height - and you would only need that when you're initially creating your character.