cursor disappears in DS 4.6.3.50 Mac OS 10.9.4

StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

anyone see this? I think the cursor went invisible and stayed that way after I switched from textured view to wireframe. Going back into the desktop or switching to another app my cursor reappears, but back in DS it's not showing. Changing display modes does not seem to do anything.

Comments

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663
    edited December 1969

I've had this happen a few times, I find that clicking on a blank part of the desktop then clicking back on the DAZ3D window normally does the trick - but not always.

• edited July 2014

As I mentioned in another thread, I was seeing my cursor disappear when working with weight maps. Perhaps not the same thing, but similar. What was weird is that I could open another scene and the cursor would come back, but if I reopened the scene I was just working on the cursor vanishes again.

Anyway, I just thought I would mention that Tech Support informed me that they are aware of a problem with the cursor disappearing and are investigating. That’s all I know. So I don’t think you are alone.

Post edited by 7th Stone Productions on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Are you using a tablet?
    Or something with a lot of parameters ...
    Often that is the common factor Mac or PC for the disappearing mouse pointer ... but it is not consistent, that is why Daz doesn't have a way to fix it.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23992/#375029

On my PC when my mouse pointer goes “poof”, I manoeuvre (invisible) to “Viewport options”, top right hand corner of the viewport, and left click, then it re-appears ... most of the time.
    Else it is saving the scene, exit DS and start DS again.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Are you using a tablet?
    Often that is the common factor Mac or PC for the disappearing mouse pointer ... but it is not consistent, that is why Daz doesn't have a way to fix it.

On my PC when my mouse pointer goes “poof”, I manoeuvre (invisible) to “Viewport options”, top right hand corner of the viewport, and left click, then it re-appears ... most of the time.

no tablet, I've seen many posts describing the tablet issue. I was using StoneMasons UE2 and that was it but I was changing display types between wireframe and textured. If I tabbed out of DS the cursor popped back up but once I clicked back into DS it goed bye-bye.

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

I've had the same problem a couple of times especially when working on a scene with quite a lot loaded in it. I can't be more specific than that. The cursor disappears and I have to close DS and re-open it again. I've only noticed this happening in the latest build. I'm using Win 7 x64.

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited July 2014

Yeah, happens to me as well from time to time (win Vista). I bring the cursor (its still there, it just isnt visible) to "Perspective view", click on it and it reappears.

Post edited by ben98120000 on
  • AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434
    edited December 1969

My mouse pointer / cursor disappears, when accidentially clicking on both mouse buttons simultaniously.

The main question is:
    How to get the cusor back an easy way?

Nice hint with the upper right corner of the view port. :D
    But you don't see the cursor - so how do you know where you are?

There must be a better method !
    Dear DAZ Team - please be creative.

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited July 2014

If the question is for "perspective view", it gets orange outline or turns orange when cursor is on it. Other stuff react to it as well, like, tabs that are not selected get grayish field around them when cursor is on them. Generally, stuff react same way as if cursor is visible.

Post edited by ben98120000 on
    edited December 1969

If the question is for "perspective view", it gets orange outline or turns orange when cursor is on it. Other stuff react to it as well, like, tabs that are not selected get grayish field around them when cursor is on them. Generally, stuff react same way as if cursor is visible.

The viewport options get orange too when my invisible cursor gets there. :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,860
    edited September 2014

this is now consistently happening to me in studio grrrrrr

on PC

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

this is now consistently happening to me in studio grrrrrr

on PC

Wacom Tablet?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,860
    edited December 1969

have got one, do not use in Daz studio

edited December 1969

I'm not seeing this is Win7 64 bit but I have no tablet attached to the computer at all. It could easily be video drivers which are amazingly simple to update in Windows and a waiting game for Mac users to have Apple come through with something for them.

• edited December 1969

i am joining the group of the "disappearing cursor users"...i have a iMac 11.3, Intel Core i7, RAM memory 16GB...is there anyway to solve it? thanx in advance..cheers to all!

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited December 1969

Happens here occasionally (Win 8.1-64 , AMD A10-6800, 8GB) .. And it gets worse, go to make a slight change on a parameter slider and see it joum more than 300 units.. or select something in the scene tab, then got t change a parameter and note that something else is now selected.. Makes composing a scene interesting..
    Opened a supp[ort ticket, but as DAz were unable to replicate and I couldnt easily do a video capture of the thing happening.. larne to live with it.

edited December 1969

hacsart said:
    Happens here occasionally (Win 8.1-64 , AMD A10-6800, 8GB) .. And it gets worse, go to make a slight change on a parameter slider and see it joum more than 300 units.. or select something in the scene tab, then got t change a parameter and note that something else is now selected.. Makes composing a scene interesting..
    Opened a supp[ort ticket, but as DAz were unable to replicate and I couldnt easily do a video capture of the thing happening.. larne to live with it.

I'd stick the link of this conversation in your request if you haven't done it already. I miss the collaborative bug tracker and Zen Desk is a 1 on 1 conversation only. Daz may not be able to produce this issue but there's a half a dozen of us here who've seen it and I don't think were the only ones. I have a ticket open for the cursor dropping off the translation sliders when pulling an object. If I have one object in the scene it appears to behave, once I get busy with a project it tends to become what we call in the Information Technology sector as "loosey-goosey" so it may be a matter of you need to be working on something for a time before the behavior becomes evident.

• WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited October 2014

The disappearing cursor now regularly happens to me. I thought it was my 2007 iMac acting up, but I just installed DS on my new iMac with 24 GB Ram and the cursor still disappears after I have been working for a while. Like others, moving the cursor off the DS window will get it to reappear but only until I move it back onto the DS window. It sounds like this new build of DS may be broken and they don't have a fix. Too bad as this makes if very frustrating to work.

At least we know it isn't a Mac/Windows thing as it is happening to both.

Post edited by Wakakanada on
  • info_83b5d2da28info_83b5d2da28 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

same her Daz Pro 4.7 and before DAZ 4,6
    Imac 5K
    24Gb RAM

• PschelfhPschelfh Posts: 261
    edited December 2014

I remember having it once in 4.6, but got solved with an update.

Now it's back in 4.7....

Peter.

PS : Windows 7, 16Gb ram.

Post edited by Pschelfh on
    edited December 1969

I had it happen on my Windows box recently. i7 920, 12GB RAM, W7 64 Ult. Nvidia drivers are up-to-date.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Are you using a tablet?

thanks very much...this worked for me just now.