WIP - "The Four Elements : Earth"

pimpypimpy Posts: 274
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Test render of my new project: "the four elements". The first one is the Earth... :)

Earth.jpg
2000 x 1500 - 2M

Comments

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

Cool use of natural texture maps and props....I like it!

:) Silene

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I like it too! Looking forward to seeing what you do for wind!

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited July 2014

Already great - makes curious for more!

Post edited by EddyMI3D on
  • tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
    edited December 1969

This is wonderful.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Really well done. Love the texturing on the model!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Fan-freaking-tastic, my friend!
    LOVE IT!!!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040
    edited December 1969

very cool
    you can post it and (hehee) WIND when done in let it rip thread!! too :lol:

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040
    edited December 1969

Fire and water of course too

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Really nice work. Can't wait for the other 3 elements :)

• dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

great idea and execution, well done

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Hi guys
    thank you very much for your interest and comments on my project!:-)

During the week end I had time to develop my idea for the “Four elements” and I made it. The second one is the “Fire”.
    Hope you enjoy it and thanks!

Fire.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Oooooh...hot stuff! Looking good... is that a lava effect?

;) Silene

edited December 1969

SileneUK said:
    Oooooh...hot stuff! Looking good... is that a lava effect?

;) Silene

Hi Silene.
    it is not lava but the effect is similar... I made the body texture with a picture of a dry river that I made some years ago in Greece during my holiday! All around I used a mix of nebula and clouds in differt colors.

edited December 1969

Fantastic! I Love it!

edited December 1969

I loved the first one. This one I think would be better with a different looking skin shader. It just doesn't seem quite as integrated with the other elements in the scene as the Earth image. The Earth figure had a depth and grit that drew me into the image. This one is still good, but the first image was better and is more memorable for me.

edited December 1969

I loved the first one. This one I think would be better with a different looking skin shader. It just doesn't seem quite as integrated with the other elements in the scene as the Earth image. The Earth figure had a depth and grit that drew me into the image. This one is still good, but the first image was better and is more memorable for me.

Thanks Evil! Good suggest. I'lltry do do better!

edited December 1969

pimpy said:

Please don't think it's a bad render. It's a good job. There's just something extra-good about the first one.

edited December 1969

pimpy said:

Please don't think it's a bad render. It's a good job. There's just something extra-good about the first one.

Dear Evilproducer,
    I don’t think it was a bad render but it is not a question of render. When I posted this thread I wrote WIP (Work in progress) because I thought that sharing and commenting my own work with the community could help to improve and make it better! So every different points of view and positive or negative opinions are welcome. In this way I made a new image for the “Fire”, and in my opinion, this is better than the first one. Thanks!

Fire.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 861K
    edited December 1969

That texture looks much better! Great job!

edited December 1969

I agree, he now looks like he's exploding and it's very 3D looking...more vivid.

Cool....erm, I mean HOT...like Greece is this time of year...only cool place is in the mountains!

Can't wait to see Wind.

:) Silene

• dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited July 2014

wow great work and idea, wish it was mine. only comment really is the font, maybe more subtle, competes with image and draws the eye away. still fine work! sorry was looking at previous imge the text is much better in this one but to my eye a little too prominent. my eye goes from FI to head and back again

Post edited by dot_bat on
    edited December 1969

First render (low resolution) for the 3rd elements: "Air"
    Suggest and comments are welcome!

prova4.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 884K
    edited December 1969

My second render....

low_resolution_air.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 516K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

Fantastic work on all three images to date, a very impressive series. I think I prefer the second Air image, but it's a close thing.

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    Fantastic work on all three images to date, a very impressive series. I think I prefer the second Air image, but it's a close thing.

Thank you Phil,
    I agree with you for the second image and I'm working on...

edited December 1969

Yeah... I like them ALL! Very excellent work, Pimpy! Although I do like the second Fire image better than the first right now... I still think the first one totally rocks! Like PhilW said: Great series!
    Thanks for sharing!