Looping Dance Animations like Fortnite or WoW

Dances could be cool, funny or sexy.

Fortnite sells these for $5-$10 each, so this would be a big moneymaker for the artist willing to make these.

Fun fact: Dance moves can't be copyrighted, only specific dance performances can be copyrighted.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited September 2020

it's a bit different selling DAZ usable ones because while the moves might be public domain someone still needs to keyframe or motion capture them, you cannot retarget someone else's file.

pretty much limits what we can get to people with very keen posing skills or owners of perception neuron or other suits that can actually dancecheeky

the first one anyone can attempt but it's tedious 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,095
    edited September 2020

it's a bit different selling DAZ usable ones because while the moves might be public domain someone still needs to keyframe or motion capture them, you cannot retarget someone else's file.

But can you retarget someone else's file if you plan on only using the dance animation for personal use?

I was really hoping that there'd be a new add-on to DAZ Studio someday that would allow replicating movements from certain people in a video.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • Hotsauce said:

Dances could be cool, funny or sexy.

Fortnite sells these for $5-$10 each, so this would be a big moneymaker for the artist willing to make these.

Fun fact: Dance moves can't be copyrighted, only specific dance performances can be copyrighted.

I think one example of a copyrighted dance move is the trademark moves by John Travolta in "Saturday Night Fever".

edited September 2020

But can you retarget someone else's file if you plan on only using the dance animation for personal use?

I was really hoping that there'd be a new add-on to DAZ Studio someday that would allow replicating movements from certain people in a video.

well depending on terms of usage of the animation the file retargeting is fine for rendering it yourself but you cannot redistribute or sell the now DAZ format duf animation file.

people rip animation from games for example  to use in things like Source Filmmaker or MikuMikuDance

the usage by the person is a bit of a grey area and can fall under fan art but sharing the file with others is definitely wrong.

most users of those softwares actually do keyframe their own animations but have varying usage conditions on their stuff most prohibiting redistribution by others which is why various tutorials on converting such stuff are popular because the user pretty much has to do it themselves with the original obtained from the creator.

Perception Neuron apparently can do the video thing BTW and using programs like iClone 3Dxchange or Motionbuilder you can retarget animation for DAZ people, you need to pony up the cash and buy the software basically.

I use iClone6 pipeline myself and can retarget just about any bvh file to DAZ figures but I am certainly not allowed to do it for others.

edited September 2020

if you can compile stuff there are many options 

(I cannot blush)

https://github.com/Dene33/video_to_bvh

https://github.com/Dosomecrazy/video2bvh

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

I think one example of a copyrighted dance move is the trademark moves by John Travolta in "Saturday Night Fever".

Imagine copyrighting a dance move. 

edited October 2020
    Robinson said:

Imagine copyrighting a dance move. 

Epic Games already won that battle devil

also