King and Queen of the Damned

DebutstudiosDebutstudios Posts: 26
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi all,

Me and the gang seem to be having some major issues with newly purchased King and Queen of the Damned. We've tried getting the textures applied but it never seems to work, all we ever have to work with is greyscale figure which renders with the detail of a piece of licorice.
Having a HORRIBLE time with this one...maybe someone can help us a bit.

Thanks,

Jim and Co.

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited July 2014

Can you post some examples? One thing I noticed with these two are lighting. The default scene lighting will not cut it.

/edit
    Also, if you were looking for realistic skin, you won't find them here. These look more like a painting.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • DebutstudiosDebutstudios Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

I knew lighting was going to be an issue but not that big of one. As for the skin, I was hoping to import a different skin over top of them, but it looks like they were designed with Z-Brush so I'm not sure if there is a way to change the surface skin or not?

Thanks.

Jim

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Select the figure and go to the surfaces tab.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

jpalasty said:
    As for the skin, I was hoping to import a different skin over top of them, but it looks like they were designed with Z-Brush so I'm not sure if there is a way to change the surface skin or not?

Most of the shaping involved in an HD character is done with a morph on the actual mesh itself. The texture setting on the skin is completely different; either of them can be changed without affecting the other. All you need to do is apply the HD morph, then apply any other skin texture in your content that strikes your fancy.

That isn't the whole story, of course, many textures include settings for bump, normal, and/or displacement which add fine details to a character. E.g. wrinkles, skin pores, vein bulges, etc. Some of these might clash with the details in the HD morph, but they won't actually replace them. You'll just have to experiment to see which combinations do and don't look good together.

• Hello guys this is my first post. I am also not getting textures to show on this character. I purchase him yesterday Order: #102891268 and have try everything and it just does not seems to work. It renders black...

• Vaskania said:

Can you post some examples? One thing I noticed with these two are lighting. The default scene lighting will not cut it.

/edit
    Also, if you were looking for realistic skin, you won't find them here. These look more like a painting.

I also need help with this item it is not showing the textures. It is only showing textures from the gums and teeth. When I select the surface and investigate the parameter in the materials tab the areas are not showing the diffuse tab. It shows a tab that says Strategy with selectable options as shading. My system is running the 64 bit version of Daz 4.8.0.55 under OSX. I have made sure that all the files were installed in the correct path for my daz installation. I have also tested different lighting and this affect normally other characters in the scene but this one shows in black. I will appreciate any help on this because DAD is not responding my messages. Order: #102891268

01.jpg
    1885 x 1400 - 265K
  •  

jpalasty said:

As for the skin, I was hoping to import a different skin over top of them, but it looks like they were designed with Z-Brush so I'm not sure if there is a way to change the surface skin or not?

Most of the shaping involved in an HD character is done with a morph on the actual mesh itself. The texture setting on the skin is completely different; either of them can be changed without affecting the other. All you need to do is apply the HD morph, then apply any other skin texture in your content that strikes your fancy.

That isn't the whole story, of course, many textures include settings for bump, normal, and/or displacement which add fine details to a character. E.g. wrinkles, skin pores, vein bulges, etc. Some of these might clash with the details in the HD morph, but they won't actually replace them. You'll just have to experiment to see which combinations do and don't look good together.

I also need help with this item it is not showing the textures. It is only showing textures from the gums and teeth. When I select the surface and investigate the parameter in the materials tab the areas are not showing the diffuse tab. It shows a tab that says Strategy with selectable options as shading. My system is running the 64 bit version of Daz 4.8.0.55 under OSX. I have made sure that all the files were installed in the correct path for my daz installation. I have also tested different lighting and this affect normally other characters in the scene but this one shows in black. I will appreciate any help on this because DAD is not responding my messages. Order: #102891268

01.jpg
    1885 x 1400 - 265K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

When I select the surface and investigate the parameter in the materials tab the areas are not showing the diffuse tab. It shows a tab that says Strategy with selectable options as shading.

That looks like a custom shader built in the Shader Mixer — it will only work properly in the 3Delight renderer. Are you using 3Delight? Remember, the new default renderer in D|S4.8 is Iray, which can not use custom 3Delight shaders.