How to add poser files to daz studio

That is a pretty lousy title.  Since all I have now is Poser 9 but not installed since I don't have a way of getting the update, I been looking a some old zip files that I
have for Poser. They have cr2 files, geometry files, runtime files, texture files, etc. I know that Daz Studio has a place for Poser content but I do not know how to
get all these files into Daz Studio. 

On a different subject, I have been thinking of just installing Poser 9 and I think I can get a upgrade price for Poser 11. But I don't think you can import G8 figures into
Poser 11 (or so I have read)  I have made a little army of face transfer people that I would like to try in Poser because I am more familiar with it. 
Thanks.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

All you have to do is tell DS where to find the Runtime folder.  By default, DS has two, "My Library" and "My Daz 3D Library" -- the first is for your own stuff, the second for items from the Daz store.  You can either merge your Runtime folder with the one in "My Library", or you can create a new library for them.  In DS go to F2 > "Content Library" tab and click the long button for "Content Directory Manager".  Expand the "Poser Formats" section and click on "Poser Formats", click "Add" on the left, and navigate to the folder CONTAINING the Runtime folder.  Then the Poser files will show up in the Content Library pane under "Poser Formats."

• If you don't like your content being in a separate Poser Format area, take a look at Runtime Links by 3d Outlaw over at Renderosity. That program creates bookmarks for your Poser files that you can move anywhere in your Daz folder. Super handy.
  • Fixmypcmike said:

All you have to do is tell DS where to find the Runtime folder.  By default, DS has two, "My Library" and "My Daz 3D Library" -- the first is for your own stuff, the second for items from the Daz store.  You can either merge your Runtime folder with the one in "My Library", or you can create a new library for them.  In DS go to F2 > "Content Library" tab and click the long button for "Content Directory Manager".  Expand the "Poser Formats" section and click on "Poser Formats", click "Add" on the left, and navigate to the folder CONTAINING the Runtime folder.  Then the Poser files will show up in the Content Library pane under "Poser Formats."

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I couldn't figure it out on my own, but your instructions worked!

• newaltmlnewaltml Posts: 31

Unfortunately, this did not work for me.  The Poser files were already mapped correctly according to the instructions above but still do not show up in Daz.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

I found this old thread by accident, but so glad I did. This product will save me a lot of time. Thanks :)

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

Since the OP started this thread, the Poser 9 update is available again...

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2950713