Help with Studio upgrade -- missing files.

hiker_1hiker_1 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

i'm currently using v. 4.6.1.33 and am trying to get the new version installed.

i keep getting the error msg: "Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "PostgreSQL CMS (Win 32-bit)" requires that the installed path for "PostgreSQL CMS 9.3.4 (32-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again. "

I checked both Studio and Manager, and neither have a "Applications" pare nor a "Settings" dialog.

So i check the docs and they say that there is yet another new Content Manager that will install these for me.

I find what seems to be that program and install it. I use it to try, once again, to install Studio. I keep getting the msg.: "Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "DAZ Studio 4.6 (Win 32-bit)" requires that the installed path for "DAZ Studio 4.5 (32-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "PostgreSQL CMS (Win 32-bit)" requires that the installed path for "PostgreSQL CMS 9.3.4 (32-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again. "

can someone help me out of this quagmire??

Thanks!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    edited December 1969

To get to preferences in the Install Manager click the gear icon at top-right. However, I'm not sure why you are getting that error - PostgreSQL should be self contained and not require a pre-defined path. Have you installed a version of PostgreSQL before?

• hiker_1hiker_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

this helped, but it didn't fix it all....

the error msg went away, and everything downloaded, but i can't find it in the content manager (wow! what a clusterflub that is!) and it's still showing the old version number...

however, it's time for me to call it a night, so i'll have to get back with you on this later.

thanks!

• bezoplbezopl Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

In install manager, go: Settings - installation , then change or set directory for install Software.
    It helped for me.