Does anyone take Daz character custom clothing requests?

DrekkanDrekkan Posts: 459
edited September 2020 in Product Suggestions

Am not sure if this is the right place to ask but I needed someone to do just a couple of items of clothing for G3F for me for a cost negotiation which would be fair for both of us. Is there anyone here who regularly takes requests here for this? thx.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• It's not impossible someone will, but it's very unlikely. For the most part clothing is too high-effort for anyone to pay a high enough commission to cover the hours involved.
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Cost will also depend if it's exclusive or not, and how much risk you're prepared to take if it isn't exclusive.

• DrekkanDrekkan Posts: 459
    nicstt said:

Cost will also depend if it's exclusive or not, and how much risk you're prepared to take if it isn't exclusive.

pls explain what you mean..

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited September 2020
    Drekkan said:
    nicstt said:

Is that something you want for your own exclusive use, or could the creator sell it to other people too? If they can sell it to other people that might change the price they ask you to pay, depending on how well they think it could sell and if you want a share of the profits or not.

That's assuming it's not a copy of a trademarked item, which couldn't be sold as a regular item.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Moved to Product Suggestions

Leana said:
    Drekkan said:
    nicstt said:

Is that something you want for your own exclusive use, or could the creator sell it to other people too? If they can sell it to other people that might change the price they ask you to pay, depending on how well they think it could sell and if you want a share of the profits or not.

That's assuming it's not a copy of a trademarked item, which couldn't be sold as a regular item.

No was just for personal use.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

It's hard to deal directly with product creators here.  What you could try is looking at a place like Renderosity for an artist who produces good quality garments in the same vein as what you're looking for.  Contacting artists is a normal thing there, unlike here.  Let them know what you're looking for, and then make them an offer they won't refuse.

These people are in this to earn a living, though.  So expect to pay for the time it takes, plus a profit.  There's also a risk premium, in case you don't pay up.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721
    Drekkan said:
    Leana said:
    Drekkan said:
    nicstt said:

No was just for personal use.

The reason items cost as little as they do in the store is because they expect to sell a certain amount of numbers to make up for the amount of time and effort they put into creating it. If it is just for a single user the time and effort haven't changed, so the amount will reflect this usually. For example if an artist needs to make $500 on an outfit to make up for the time and effort put into creating it. Then if they expect to sell 50 copies of it, then they can price it around $10. But if it's for one person, that one person will have to front the full $500 to make it worthwhile for the PA to create it.

yes I see what you guys mean. I'll bear this in mind. I would had thought there would be no risk if the person is paying upfront.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    Drekkan said:

yes I see what you guys mean. I'll bear this in mind. I would had thought there would be no risk if the person is paying upfront.

Well, in that case, the person paying upfront bears the risk. :P

• You know, given the amount of 3D clothing available already, as others have you could post some ideas as to what type of clothing you want. Free or $, choices do exist.