[Released V2.2] FLUIDOS II Lite edition and upgrades from v1.3 and to complete edition

AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

FLUIDOS II Lite Edition:

• Is a low-cost version of FLUIDOS II that can simulate liquid, smoke and clouds.
  • Is much faster than the version 1.3, because is multithreaded.
  • Has two engines to choose in any simulation: Fluidos II and Fluidos I, the latter is the old v1.3 engine, but multithreaded
  • Has a superior OpenVDB smoothing filter, thus Its liquid's surface quality is higher than the FLUIDOS v1.3 one.
  • Can creat your own sculpted clouds.using any props or figures.
  • Do you own FLUIDOS v1.3?, then you can upgrade to FLUIDOS II Lite edition at an even lower price.
  • Moreover, if you wish, you can later upgrade to the Complete edition.

https://youtu.be/5pFzASNiCNo

popup_02.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 79K
anternativeMain.png
1000 x 1300 - 2M
Post edited by Alberto on

Comments

• Would it not be fair  ro be able to 'upgrade from Fluidos to Fluidos 2 for a nice pice!!?

• Is this suppose to be the upgrade from Fluidos 1 because it says it's the upgrade from the lite version and it says you have to own Fluidos !! lite to buy this.

Fluidos II for Daz Studio - Upgrade from LITE edition

https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-ii-for-daz-studio-upgrade-from-lite-edition

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026
    KevinH said:

Is this suppose to be the upgrade from Fluidos 1 because it says it's the upgrade from the lite version and it says you have to own Fluidos !! lite to buy this.

Fluidos II for Daz Studio - Upgrade from LITE edition

https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-ii-for-daz-studio-upgrade-from-lite-edition

It's an upgrade from V2 light version to V2 full version.

• kmorris1@oh.rr.com[email protected] Posts: 1,107
    edited October 2020

Well, perhaps you are correct. But it makes no sense to me. Fluidos II Lite came out today, right? So you need to buy it first. And then you need to buy the second product to get the full version. So you need to buy two products today (the first and the second) if you want the full version of Fluidos II. But there's no upgrade from version 1. You can't just buy the second product if you have version 1?

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

The full version is already available, it was released long ago.

The point of the upgrade from lite version is that you can buy the lite (and cheaper) version now and then upgrade later if you need the full version, not to make you buy both products today.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,745

So, to clarify my understanding, if I own Fluidos II for Daz Studio now, I do not need to purchase the 'Lite' edition?

• tskmetskme Posts: 25
    edited October 2020

What is the difference between the Lite and the Full version?

Looking at the file list, it seems the Full version only has a few more scenes and a manual in it?

Post edited by tskme on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

So, to clarify my understanding, if I own Fluidos II for Daz Studio now, I do not need to purchase the 'Lite' edition?

No, not at all.

tskme said:

What is the difference between the Lite and the Full version?

Looking at the file list, it seems the Full version only has a few more scenes and a manual in it?

• Fluidos II full version can simulate volumetric fire whereas Lite only can reproduce the fires simulations created with the full version.
    • The full version  has three solvers for smoke (The Lite version has only one, the simpler).
    • The full version has a battery of OpenVDB filters, Lite version, only one. By the way, these filters were used in fluids simulaton in DreamWorks movies.
    • Full version can merge the fluids of separate simulations, and can import vdb files.
    • Full version can remesh the simulations without redoing the complete calculations.
    • Full version has the vorticity confinement that can produce a more "live" fluid if you wish.
    • Full version is updated regularly to add new features, whereas Lite will be updated only to fix bugs if there are any.

Thank you for the clarification.

• Do the Fluidos Companion and all of the other previous add-ons work with this version?
    If you were to get only one add-on would it be the Companion or something else? Thanks!

• Hmm, what a mess of versions!
    I have FLUIDOS for DS but no idea what 'version' it is.
    File name: IM00054155-21_FLUIDOSforDazStudioContent.zip
    There is no identification as to its version.

Will the new 'LITE edition - Upgrade from v1.3' work with the above file?
    I don't think I have 'v1.3' because it doesn't show in any of the notes I took when I bought it.

The zip's pdf manual says it's version 1.0, but that may only be the version of the manual. Were the updates since version 1 free or for a cost?

I won't have online access until later tonight, so thank you very much for your response! And thanks for continuing to advance the product.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Hmm, what a mess of versions!
    I have FLUIDOS for DS but no idea what 'version' it is.
    File name: IM00054155-21_FLUIDOSforDazStudioContent.zip
    There is no identification as to its version.

54155 <-- See that number in your filename? That's an SKU. Specifically it is the SKU for the product named "FLUIDOS for Daz Studio". Not "FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio".

• AethyrAethyr Posts: 91

@Alberto

I have a query about the Fluidos II Lite upgrade. I already had Fluidos I, so bought Fluidos II for Daz Studio - LITE edition - Upgrade from v1.3, and figured this would give me an easy upgrade path to the full version if I find I'm using it a lot. However, the requirements for Fluidos II for Daz Studio - Upgrade from LITE edition says you need the standalone (non-upgrade) Fluidos II Lite.

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't also work with the upgrade version, so is this just a limitation on Daz's storefront? It's significantly cheaper to buy the upgrade than buy Fluidos II outright, but obviously I don't want to buy something that won't work properly.

edited October 2020

I need some help with the installation. I can see the scripts but no Create fluidos things is showing up in the edit bar.

This is for Product Sku: 69049, no previous fluidos installation. Fluidos is not showing up in the installed plugins.

Dazstudio 4.12

Found the issue after reading the manual install readme.

@Alberto
    The offline download page is missing 

Fluidos II for Daz Studio LITE for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)
    and
    Fluidos II for Daz Studio LITE for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Mac 64-bit)

Please make sure to add those, the product is currently defunct.

Post edited by tskme on
  • NotAnArtistNotAnArtist Posts: 367
    edited October 2020
    Ascania said:

54155 <-- See that number in your filename? That's an SKU. Specifically it is the SKU for the product named "FLUIDOS for Daz Studio". Not "FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio".

Right, like I said, I have FLUIDOS for DS. Just FLUIDOS. I already know this because version 2 has a "II" in its name. Hence I'm sure I have some version of version 1.

So my question was, more specifically, how do I find out what sub-version I have, as in V1.1? V1.2? V1.3?

Actually, I'm pretty sure I have a sub-3 sub-version, because I never bought any others after the first one, and I got that pretty early-on. My system was so slow, it didn't really work. OK, nevermind, thanks.
    Editing in:
    So maybe the subversion updates were free? But I'd still like to know why there are subversions with no way to determine which one a person has! I've learned in the past that the file names themselves don't often change. I'm not going to download a file just to find out if it's different from the one I already have.
    ... No, I don't use DIM. Not my style. Yuk! :-) OK, done.

Post edited by NotAnArtist on

>

Aethyr said:

@Alberto

I have a query about the Fluidos II Lite upgrade. I already had Fluidos I, so bought Fluidos II for Daz Studio - LITE edition - Upgrade from v1.3, and figured this would give me an easy upgrade path to the full version if I find I'm using it a lot. However, the requirements for Fluidos II for Daz Studio - Upgrade from LITE edition says you need the standalone (non-upgrade) Fluidos II Lite.

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't also work with the upgrade version, so is this just a limitation on Daz's storefront? It's significantly cheaper to buy the upgrade than buy Fluidos II outright, but obviously I don't want to buy something that won't work properly.

Both the non-upgrade Fluidos II Lite and the upgrade Fluidos II Lite can be upgraded to Fluidos II complete version with the same product.
    The Fluidos II for Daz Studio - Upgrade from LITE edition simply replaces the lite edition -upgrade or non-upgrade version.

The only difference between the upgrade and the non-upgrade Fluidos II Lite versions is that the upgrade needs that Fluidos original version (1.3) to be installed to work. But, if you later upgrade to Fluidos II complete, you can uninstall the v1.3 version.

• Do the Fluidos Companion and all of the other previous add-ons work with this version??
    If you were to get only one add-on would it be the Companion or something else?? Thanks!

tskme said:

I need some help with the installation. I can see the scripts but no Create fluidos things is showing up in the edit bar.

This is for Product Sku: 69049, no previous fluidos installation. Fluidos is not showing up in the installed plugins.

Dazstudio 4.12

Found the issue after reading the manual install readme.

If you use DIM, you need to install the  Fluidos II for Daz Studio LITE for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)  (or the Mac 64-bit version) , not only the content and tutorial. Daz Central can install all the files with one click.

tskme said:
    @Alberto
    The offline download page is missing 

Fluidos II for Daz Studio LITE for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)
    and
    Fluidos II for Daz Studio LITE for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Mac 64-bit)

Please make sure to add those, the product is currently defunct.

These files cannot be manually downloaded, but you can download them using DIM, and then, install them manually if you wish.

edited October 2020
    Ascania said:

Right, like I said, I have FLUIDOS for DS. Just FLUIDOS. I already know this because version 2 has a "II" in its name. Hence I'm sure I have some version of version 1.

So my question was, more specifically, how do I find out what sub-version I have, as in V1.1? V1.2? V1.3?

Actually, I'm pretty sure I have a sub-3 sub-version, because I never bought any others after the first one, and I got that pretty early-on. My system was so slow, it didn't really work. OK, nevermind, thanks.
    Editing in:
    So maybe the subversion updates were free? But I'd still like to know why there are subversions with no way to determine which one a person has! I've learned in the past that the file names themselves don't often change. I'm not going to download a file just to find out if it's different from the one I already have.
    ... No, I don't use DIM. Not my style. Yuk! :-) OK, done.

The subversions are (free) updates of the version you bought. Just FLUIDOS is the version 1; by now, it's update to v1.3

If you go to menu Help - About Installed Plugins... and search in the list and select FLUIDOS for Daz Studio you could see the installed version in the Infomation box.

Post edited by Alberto on
    CitizenM said:

Do the Fluidos Companion and all of the other previous add-ons work with this version?
    If you were to get only one add-on would it be the Companion or something else? Thanks!

Yes, they all work.

• Thank you very much, Alvin!

tskme said:

Thank you for the clarification.

CitizenM said:

Thank you very much, Alvin!

You're welcome!

Thank you. The DIM method for downloading worked. DIM installation failed.
    I manually copied the plugin and lib files into the installation. FluidOS II is now showing up under plugins, but there is no serial number.
    I don't have a serial under my account -> product library -> serial numbers. It's also not in the files.

How am I getting the serial number for my purchase?

tskme said:

Thank you. The DIM method for downloading worked. DIM installation failed.
    I manually copied the plugin and lib files into the installation. FluidOS II is now showing up under plugins, but there is no serial number.
    I don't have a serial under my account -> product library -> serial numbers. It's also not in the files.

How am I getting the serial number for my purchase?

Again, no serial number? surprise

Sorry for that. DAZ should gave you the serial number in your account.

Please, submit a request here: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I will ask DAZ too.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571

...sort of tempted by the Lite II version. I have older hardware and it mentions it is easier on resoruces, as well as the full Fluidos II is beyond my budget at this time.  So, I guess my question is just how much do the effects differ in quality in a visual sense between the two? 

Thank you. I figured as much.

kyoto kid said:

...sort of tempted by the Lite II version. I have older hardware and it mentions it is easier on resoruces, as well as the full Fluidos II is beyond my budget at this time.  So, I guess my question is just how much do the effects differ in quality in a visual sense between the two? 

See these examples:

The DAZ Dog 8 converted to a fluid.

The middle dog is the conversion in FLUIDOS v1.3
    The righter dog is the conversion in FLUIDOS II

Both conversions were done using the same cell size.

Viscous fluids example:

Fluidos v1.3 Fluidos II

• I bought it and looked forward to try it out today but can't cause I too didn't get a serial number. :crying

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571

...so are the Fluidos II samples done with the Lite version or Full version?