Is DAZ ever going to update the Mil Dog/Cat??

Comments

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,699
    edited December 1969

I have started morphing big cat 2 into a house cat version, but it's quite an undertaking and for now, the paid jobs go first :(

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

... and a BEAUTIFUL "English Bulldog" ... like the kind that would win ribbons at a dog show [not the kind that scare the living dead].

... and a Poodle of course ...

... and a ....

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

This is official news from DAZ? ?

If so please make sure and pay better attention to the paws! I won't bother with buying them if it's another generation of blocky looking!

Thanks

TimG said:
    Yes, there will be a new dog and cat in both male and female base figure.

Each new breed will be it's own figure, but there will be 5 female cat & dog figures to every 1 male cat & dog figures.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

If so please make sure and pay better attention to the paws! I won't bother with buying them if it's another generation of blocky looking!

Thanks

TimG said:

Each new breed will be it's own figure, but there will be 5 female cat & dog figures to every 1 male cat & dog figures.

I think that's a joke comment. You know, 1 male people figure for every 5 or so female figures.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited December 1969

And thick! Not only are the paws flat on the bottom, they are too thick. Like the critter is wearing platforms. Animal toes should be shaped like toes.

And right now there doesn't seem to be a viable alternative. Hivewire is doing a splendid job on what they are doing, but so far they are concentrating on things with hooves. Not paws.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,955
    edited December 1969

...I'd like to see a proper Manx. Not just "delete the tail" and call it good as their physique is a bit different being a bit more muscular (particularly their hind legs) than other breeds and they also have a slight nub of a tail as well.

Same for Maine Coon (will need the LAMH player for the fur as they are a long hair breed) as they are more stocky and larger than the average housecat.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Ok, most of those posting want an update to the mil dog and mil cat. Be specific. Just posting you want an update tells DAZ nothing.

Higher resolution mesh? LOD? HD?

Weight mapping? Better textures? Multiple mesh sizes (it's pretty hard to turn a mesh created for an Alsatian into a Chihuahua). Separate puppy and kitten models (newborns look nothing like a six week old)..

I'm not criticizing any one. Just give them something to work with.

edited July 2014

...already mentioned weight mapping for cats to better accommodate the flexibility. The one difficulty in rigging would be how to simulate the "free floating" clavicle cats have for their foreleg movement as that "rigging bone" structure does not exist.

Collision detection (particularly between the forelegs and chest) would help as well. LOD would be fine as if there is fur available for the LAMH player, HD would not be as necessary.

For age differences, maybe a "growing up" morph (like Zev0 created for Genesis1 & 2) could alleviate the need for a separate kitten mesh. For most scene purposes where domestic cats are concerned, different gender meshes would not be as necessary (save for maybe the Sphinx breed) and could just be achieved with a full body shaping morph. Different breeds could be handled with a set of basic body/head shapes.

Also, improved whiskers that move with the facial expressions and better tail articulation (possibly a set of basic tail morphs included or could incorporate EZ Pose to not have to adjust fifteen different tail joints manually).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,699
    edited December 1969

And kittens, don't forget we need loads of kittens :3

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,314
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Thanks

]

The base figures will be Lab Female and Lab Male. Then there will be Poodle Female, Collie Female and Yorkshire Terrier Female. Then we'll get Jack Russell Terrier Male, then Pug Female, Golden Retriever Female and Husky Female. The German Shepherd Male, followed by the rumored Springer Spaniel Female and Akita Female.

edited December 1969

I think Tim's humor is confusing but funny. OK so you have a female poodle morph but then a Standard Poodle (Natural not poodle cut) would be male all the way! Fabulous dog breed!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,950
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

And you have to buy the Veterinary Professional Bundle to get anatomically accurate versions. Otherwise all male cats come wearing purple briefs while male dogs wear boxers (of course.) Females wear purple bikini bottoms embroidered with the slogan "Don't Spay Me, Bro!"
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    And puppies, don't forget we need loads of puppies:3
    I took the liberty to correct your post. ;)
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

... and a BEAUTIFUL "English Bulldog" ... like the kind that would win ribbons at a dog show [not the kind that scare the living dead].

... and a Poodle of course ...

... and a ....

Yes... Definitely! Bulldogs are cute. I think the more "adorkable" a breed, the more loved it is :).

Estroyer said:
    And kittens, don't forget we need loads of kittens :3

Warm kitten, fuzzy kitten... Heh, you reminded me of Hellboy. Which is good news :coolgrin:.

RAMWolff said:
    I think Tim's humor is confusing but funny. OK so you have a female poodle morph but then a Standard Poodle (Natural not poodle cut) would be male all the way! Fabulous dog breed!

Yep. My poodle would kill me if I cut his hair like the ones you recognise as poodles. The truth is, if you don't want to hunt with poodles, there is no need for the cut. See, the fluffy parts on their paws, chests and skulls are to protect those fragile parts in the water (poodles were bred to hunt water birds like ducks and geese), whereas the pompom on the tail is to indicate the place the dog is diving for the game.

Thanks

]

The base figures will be Lab Female and Lab Male. Then there will be Poodle Female, Collie Female and Yorkshire Terrier Female. Then we'll get Jack Russell Terrier Male, then Pug Female, Golden Retriever Female and Husky Female. The German Shepherd Male, followed by the rumored Springer Spaniel Female and Akita Female.

Oh well... Unless you are serious, we can dream.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Estroyer said:
    And puppies, don't forget we need loads of puppies:3
    I took the liberty to correct your post. ;)

Cute little puppies, with LAMH fur presets. Sounds like an excellent idea to me.

Cheers,

Alex.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

And we need a fox morph for the dog. Because, well - #busfox

busfox.jpg
    620 x 349 - 80K
    edited December 1969

Glad somebody finds those seats comfortable lol ...

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787
    edited December 1969

Any more news on the dog/cat front?

I need a golden retriever.

edited December 1969

...I'd like a cat that bends...more like a cat.

._._.hi_.png
    619 x 558 - 471K
    drinky.jpeg
    597 x 540 - 27K
    broken_2.jpg
    500 x 367 - 66K
    edited December 1969

Those first two are hilarious, lol.

I haven't seen my cat do that, but the third I see her do all of the time.

I just hope whatever they come up with doesn't have such fake-looking paws as the big cats 2 does.

edited December 1969

...and can take advantage of the LAMH free player for real fur.

edited December 1969

ditto ...

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited December 1969

I hope any new cats and dogs come with a Carrara hair add-on.

edited December 1969

What *is* it about the awful feet? I swear that the DAZ BigCat2 has even worse feet than the old MilBigCat. The MilDog and MilCat don't have great feet either, but they're not as bad as *that*.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Awww. I really don't mind the feet so much. And my favorite of the big cats is still the Puma from the first set...Tickle Tickle.

TickleTicklePumas.jpg
    900 x 900 - 254K
  • NadinoNadino Posts: 258
    edited December 1969

Can we please get a Chiweenie morph??? :)

0312141754.jpg
    600 x 419 - 381K
    IMG957905.jpg
    480 x 640 - 151K
    edited May 2015

...I like the little sneakers.

For felines there needs to be proper Manx and Maine Coon shapes.

brown-maine-coon-cat-j3f0ygu5.jpg
    350 x 286 - 24K
    Manx-cats-pic.jpg
    358 x 310 - 27K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,608
    edited December 1969

I am a chihuahua enthusiast. Would pay major bucks for a good chihuahua with various textures.

edited December 1969

I love Chihuahua's too SereneNight. I think they are incredible little doggies. I met one named Blu at Peete's coffee one day. Quiet, muscular, regal and yes, his fur had a blue cast to it... quite a gorgeous creature.

On the paws, I agree with JOdel, they were like boxes. The cats never looked exactly like the breeds they were supposed to be morphed into either. Now that we have fur options in DS at least they all don't look so strange when someone takes the time to fur them up using LAMH or what ever solution they like. That was another turn off for me.

edited December 1969

Yeah. Modelers seem to be able to handle hooves. They can manage bird feet. Why can't anyone seem to manage to model, convincing paws? Even if the toes don't flex, the feet ought to at least look like proper feet when the animal is standing on them.