Is DAZ ever going to update the Mil Dog/Cat??

13»

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,608
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I love Chihuahua's too SereneNight. I think they are incredible little doggies. I met one named Blu at Peete's coffee one day. Quiet, muscular, regal and yes, his fur had a blue cast to it... quite a gorgeous creature.

On the paws, I agree with JOdel, they were like boxes. The cats never looked exactly like the breeds they were supposed to be morphed into either. Now that we have fur options in DS at least they all don't look so strange when someone takes the time to fur them up using LAMH or what ever solution they like. That was another turn off for me.

Aww, Blu sounds adorable. My dog Wiggie (An older girl), I rescued from a shelter is a chi and the best dog I've ever owned. She is a cuddle monkey, and has only 3 teeth. they found her wandering the streets, and someone had shot her with a bb gun at some point. It makes me so mad to think of anyone shooting a chihuhua like that.

My hope is to win the lottery to open a chihuhua shelter. They are number 2 euthanized dog, which is terrible. People think they are cute, or see one of those chihuhua movies and don't realize the energy and effort it takes to train a Chihuahua. It is so sad. =-/.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

Since getting into content creation they paws should easily be able to be soft and pliable with the right rigging and weight mapping. I'm sure DAZ must have this on their future plate. The newer dragons are all TriAx weight mapped and rigged so I'm sure the future for the kitties and pups will be too. Hell if we get another boxy pawed critter I'll make some morphs to make them look softer. The older models are not welded so not going to try to touch those.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,950
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    What *is* it about the awful feet? I swear that the DAZ BigCat2 has even worse feet than the old MilBigCat. The MilDog and MilCat don't have great feet either, but they're not as bad as *that*.

What I don't understand is why someone hasn't made a set of morphs to specifically counter the footpad problem. 9 times out of ten I'll just fix it in post, but it would solve all the carping if there were simple "dial in the amount of pad roundness" sets. I know I'd certainly buy it.
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    What *is* it about the awful feet? I swear that the DAZ BigCat2 has even worse feet than the old MilBigCat. The MilDog and MilCat don't have great feet either, but they're not as bad as *that*.

What I don't understand is why someone hasn't made a set of morphs to specifically counter the footpad problem. 9 times out of ten I'll just fix it in post, but it would solve all the carping if there were simple "dial in the amount of pad roundness" sets. I know I'd certainly buy it.

Agreed! The funky looking paws on the big cat 2 are why i keep passing on it.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787
    edited December 1969

I'd buy paw morphs!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited December 1969

So would I. Animal toes ought to be rounded in cross-section. Not rectangular.

edited December 1969

I agree. Like I said.. if they do an update and bring these critters into the TriAx set up with fully welded obj's I can do just about anything to them. The older models I won't touch. So much potential but they are too busy with iRay right now..... time will tell.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I love Chihuahua's too SereneNight. I think they are incredible little doggies. I met one named Blu at Peete's coffee one day. Quiet, muscular, regal and yes, his fur had a blue cast to it... quite a gorgeous creature.

On the paws, I agree with JOdel, they were like boxes. The cats never looked exactly like the breeds they were supposed to be morphed into either. Now that we have fur options in DS at least they all don't look so strange when someone takes the time to fur them up using LAMH or what ever solution they like. That was another turn off for me.

Aww, Blu sounds adorable. My dog Wiggie (An older girl), I rescued from a shelter is a chi and the best dog I've ever owned. She is a cuddle monkey, and has only 3 teeth. they found her wandering the streets, and someone had shot her with a bb gun at some point. It makes me so mad to think of anyone shooting a chihuhua like that.

My hope is to win the lottery to open a chihuhua shelter. They are number 2 euthanized dog, which is terrible. People think they are cute, or see one of those chihuhua movies and don't realize the energy and effort it takes to train a Chihuahua. It is so sad. =-/.

She sounds sweet as sugar, Sugar. If I lived in a place that allowed dogs I've have a little one like doggie like that. Plus the smaller they are the longer life they have, I like that. I don't do well with loosing people much less an animal because of a short life span.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,955
    edited December 1969

...wonder if we can get 6 and 7 toe morphs for Cat2.

...maybe that's pushing it though.