Simple Blood and Dirt Shaders?

In the old days I was using a lot shaders like those from Hybrid Grunge for rust, blood or dirt. I waited for long for similar shaders for Iray but seemingly nothing happened. Using the old shaders with Iray does usually not work for me on skins. BTW having been able to choose f.e. the feet and leg surfaces separately on the older models helped a lot too, but I don't want to be overly critical towards the "new" stuff..

Is there anything on the shader market with a similar approach? The dirt shaders I saw for Iray are very exaggerated, you can simulate a bath in mud, but not a bit dirty feet or hands ...

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    edited October 2020

In the old days I was using a lot shaders like those from Hybrid Grunge for rust, blood or dirt. I waited for long for similar shaders for Iray but seemingly nothing happened. Using the old shaders with Iray does usually not work for me on skins. BTW having been able to choose f.e. the feet and leg surfaces separately on the older models helped a lot too, but I don't want to be overly critical towards the "new" stuff..

Is there anything on the shader market with a similar approach? The dirt shaders I saw for Iray are very exaggerated, you can simulate a bath in mud, but not a bit dirty feet or hands ...

It I want a G3/8F character a little dirty or scuffed up, I use the LIE textures that come with Lyoness's Bramble HD for G3&8F.  I find they work well, and she's USD 1.99 today.

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • Looks like one of the newest new releases with the viking stuff is blood least? 

and I have used this too 

https://www.daz3d.com/iray-surfaceworx

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612
    edited October 2020
    Sevrin said:

It I want a G3/8F character a little dirty or scuffed up, I use the LIE textures that come with Lyoness's Bramble HD for G3&8F.  I find they work well, and she's USD 1.99 today.

yeah. I love making dirty skins... more coming.

Post edited by Lyoness on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,900
    edited October 2020

I can recommend Grungy Threads, but it's hardly the only option available.

Post edited by Hylas on