Creation Engineer missing files

HeraHera Posts: 1,952

Hiya!

Brought the new Creation Engineer, because it looked awesome in the shop. But it seems the download was not complete, because there's no actual .cr2, or dsa files to load the products with. Then there's no readme either, but that one is seldom nessesary.

I've downloaded the product file now 3 times and still no figure files, just the morps and material.

Has anyone bought this product and managed to download a complete set?

Post edited by Hera on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,001
    edited December 1969

The readme is here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14725/start , looks as if there should be material files in People:Genesis:Clothing:Midnight_stories:The Engineer:Mats by the file list.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 1969

Yes, the mat files I have, it's the cr2 / dsf files which are missing it seems. The one to load the actual outfit with.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

According to the product page:

This product in in .DUF format and requires DAZ Studio 4.5 or higher.
    edited July 2012

]This product in in .DUF format and requires DAZ Studio 4.5 or higher]
    Hmm... is that one possible to aquire yet?
    Post edited by Hera on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    ]This product in in .DUF format and requires DAZ Studio 4.5 or higher]
    Hmm... is that one possible to aquire yet?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1900/

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Okay, time to drop that from my weekend wishlist. DS4.5 is a no go. I need my extra plugins. I just might get it and stuff it in a DS4.5 Only folder till they get plugins working. Man!!

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the HU, it also looks like I'll be returning the Creation Machine as its the same I didnt even consider checking that.
    Sorry but you dont create a product for a beta version.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

IIRC, didn't he say that you can use the Poser version of it just fine in DAZ Studio, if you don't have 4.5?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,001
    edited December 1969

Yes, he did say that in another thread - I'm sorry I had forgotten that the DS figure files needed DS4.5

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    IIRC, didn't he say that you can use the Poser version of it just fine in DAZ Studio, if you don't have 4.5?

I'll see how much fiddling with the texttures that requires.
    But I really do think that its a mistake on the vendors part that he created it in a version that is not ready for public release

edited July 2012

Where do I find the poser version of the product? Since there's no readme I cannot locate it!

Post edited by Hera on
  • NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    Where do I find the poser version of the product? Since there's no readme I cannot locate it!

according to the product page its only for DS4.5 no mention of poser at all.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Hmm, I think it was Creation Engine that had Poser files available, not Engineer. Sorry, but he said he's looking into it in a different thread. Mebbe there will be a fix for that.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Hmm, I think it was Creation Engine that had Poser files available, not Engineer. Sorry, but he said he's looking into it in a different thread. Mebbe there will be a fix for that.

Hi!

Do you have the link to that thread, I'd very much like a fix to that too. Either poser or regular DAZ versions.

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

I saw in one thread where he said "Creation Engineer" (Thats the suit, not the holo projector) was available for V4/Poser, but it was being sold at another site(Content Paradise, if I remember correct).
    Personally I have to agree with the user that said releasing a product that was only compatible with a beta version of a program is a BAD idea. If it was me, I'de get a refund and be done with it.
    edited December 1969

Well I found it here, but have not yet decided if I should get it or not. The lack of a vorking version here sort of puts me off.
    http://contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=21607

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited July 2012

I have to admit I didn't notice that this was only for 4.5. I didn't read the notes before i bought it, I just read the compatible software and figures. I think it should probably specify under compatible software that it is Daz 4.5 because it is only one version of Daz that you can use it in. Now waiting for Daz to refund my money. Will be reading things much closer in future.

This is thread where he discusses working on a fix:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4464/

Post edited by anikad on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Don't know if you've seen but he's updated the product so it works with ds4: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4801/