dforce slime

Hey everyone! I was trying to create a sphere covered in slime but I can't get the simulation to work (see screenshots below).
I followed the instructions but still nothing... dforce is always a bit troublesome for me so I'm afraid I might be doingsomething wrong since 3 out of 5 times it just fails -.-'

Thanks for your help! :) Stay safe!

Screenshot (104).png
1673 x 1032 - 737K
Screenshot (106).png
1667 x 1029 - 793K

Comments

• Select the slime, then in the simulations settings menu (three lines top left of the pane) dforce > add dforce Modifier : dynamic surface.

if those slime materials come with dforce settings apply it again, lastly make sure that under parameters > general> simulation, simulation object type is set to dynamic surface.

It should simulate after all that.

• Also you'll have better results, it won't explode, if you seperate the two objects a little at the beginning of the simulation. If you elevate the slime slightly it will drop onto the sphere during the simulation and not explode.

• lumiasartlumiasart Posts: 126
    edited October 2020

Thank you so much both of you! I'll try it as soon as I get home! =)

EDIT: worked perfectly! thank you so much!

Post edited by lumiasart on
    edited October 2020

Back again... so the suggestiosn worked pwerfectly and the slime falls on the sphere. But now it seems to stop mi-air... I tried making the slime bigger, getting the sphere further from the ground but it still acts as if there's somethign there to stop it. The simulation time is very short but I tried making it longer and the same thing happened.

Thanks everyone! :)

EDIT: nevermind! the simulation time had to be really long for it to work... If you have the same issue try this solution ^^

Screenshot (119).png
    1920 x 1080 - 424K
    Post edited by lumiasart on

Welp... me again... Now my only problem is a strange texture on the slime *facepalm* I tried every combination of textures and maps that come with it but these squares never disappear...
    I even deleted the sphere... If they don't appear in render it's fine but I have the feeling they do :(

Screenshot (120).png
    1920 x 1080 - 775K
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited October 2020

ignore

Post edited by MarcCCTx on
  • Welp... me again... Now my only problem is a strange texture on the slime *facepalm* I tried every combination of textures and maps that come with it but these squares never disappear...
    I even deleted the sphere... If they don't appear in render it's fine but I have the feeling they do :(

Try a render. The viewport is wonky.

Got it :) I'll give it a try, thanks!

Looks bad in render too... :(

slime.png
    3000 x 2731 - 5M
  • functionfunction Posts: 268
    edited January 2022

lumiasart said:

Looks bad in render too... :(

devil  I got the same result after render, not in viewport iray view. It cost me 1 hour to analyse the problem, finally found the 'Max path length' in render settings must higher than 7, in Surface tab, Share Glossy Inputs - off,Thin Walled - on, can avoid those black lines in liquid, weird. 

Post edited by function on